IU Transfers

KDB

48 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What does IU/CMW stand to gain by locking him out of the facilities?

Let him continue to work on his game. Send the message that we are not too big , too pompous to let a guy who committed 2 years to our program work to improve himself.

Amazing how the little things sometimes become big things to someone who is evaluating the culture of different programs 

I definitely didn’t mean to sound like Lander should be shunned and banned from all facilities. I was mostly just curious as an outsider what the procedure would be in a similar situation to his just from a logistics standpoint. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What does IU/CMW stand to gain by locking him out of the facilities?

Let him continue to work on his game. Send the message that we are not too big , too pompous to let a guy who committed 2 years to our program work to improve himself.

Amazing how the little things sometimes become big things to someone who is evaluating the culture of different programs 

I’m indifferent on this. I can see both sides. 

if a coach were leaving it would be a day to clean out the office. You wouldn’t give them more time and let them work (recruit, etc.)

I agree it’s a bad look. How many people would know about it outside of this board and the IU program?

is there any liability concerns? If he were to get a career ending injury would he still fall under IU’s insurance?

all that are my initial thoughts/questions. 

but currently I am mostly for letting him use the gym. 

50 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Going to play for Tom Crean at Evansville.

I know you say that in jest, but OMW...could you imagine how entertaining that could be pairing his speed with Crean's offense?  I'm not saying it would or wouldn't be great basketball, but that would be a match built for speed.  Now that USI is moving up to D1, make it happen!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I know you say that in jest, but OMW...could you imagine how entertaining that could be pairing his speed with Crean's offense?  I'm not saying it would or wouldn't be great basketball, but that would be a match built for speed.  Now that USI is moving up to D1, make it happen!!!

Crean might be solid at UE. 

Not surprising, and I think Lander has some skills that can't be taught - quickness and court vision, for example - but he's stuck in a situation where he's going to have trouble getting on the court, especially if XJ returns. As for his size, Trent Frazier is the same height and 10 pounds lighter, so it's not like that size can't make it at a P5. At any rate, wish him the best - from what I saw, he handled the situation with class and respect for the most part. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Does Crean still own his mansion in Btown?  It was a pretty lavish and pricy piece of land that I thought was struggling to sell.  He could move back here and commute to Evansville via I-69 😂 

I'd probably just live in Newburgh 🤣

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

What game was that?

On a side note, my 14 year old grandson has made the Castle JV team....

Travel team I used to coach. Great area down there. 

I do think KL could be a solid contributor at a MAC school. Maybe a WKU? That isn't too far from home. 

• Like 1

If I was Miller I would reach out to Lander. I would also be a short stack. 😳

Anyway, Evansville seems like the perfect fit.

Truly disappointed that it did not work out at IU where he wanted so badly to make his mark. Lander, Leal and Galloway was a trio I was hoping to see flourish into their senior year.

• Like 1