IU Transfers

KDB

22 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Going by the same source (and again, internet source so massive grain of salt) it isn't Duncomb's choice.

If that's true then I definitely saw something that they are missing. He has some of the same things that made Cody special.  I'm nit saying he is that good but you better have a very good player lined up because I think LD will be a very good college player fir someone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If that's true then I definitely saw something that they are missing. He has some of the same things that made Cody special.  I'm nit saying he is that good but you better have a very good player lined up because I think LD will be a very good college player fir someone

Agreed.  I hope these rumors aren’t true.  Don’t forget too he dominated Furst down low in an AAU game.  I know it was one game but….

34 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Going by the same source (and again, internet source so massive grain of salt) it isn't Duncomb's choice.

I am no expert, but have been around basketball my whole life, I honestly feel that Duncomb could really develop into a great player...good hands, good feet, long arms, good touch, runs the floor fairly well...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am in the camp that we should keep Duncomb and develop him.  To me he fits the profile of a quality big man in the B1G.  I don't give a flip about his performance this past year.  Good motor.  Good size.  Can hit a little jump shot.  Give him time.  I will be disappointed if he leaves and I will be doubly ticked off if we run him off.  

• Like 8

Who knows what the reason would be for Duncomb being shown the door. Could be system fit, could be practice habits, could be off court, and could be coaches don’t see the potential. If he’s out it could be for a number of reasons.  Just a few things to consider. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

I am no expert, but have been around basketball my whole life, I honestly feel that Duncomb could really develop into a great player...good hands, good feet, long arms, good touch, runs the floor fairly well...

He has all the tools. I am not impressed with many big men as I was with him

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am in the camp that we should keep Duncomb and develop him.  To me he fits the profile of a quality big man in the B1G.  I don't give a flip about his performance this past year.  Good motor.  Good size.  Can hit a little jump shot.  Give him time.  I will be disappointed if he leaves and I will be doubly ticked off if we run him off.  

I'm just going to go with the staffs evaluation. We saw him play like 20 mins this year and none of them were meaningful. We don't have a clue about him. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

How many mins did we see him this season? 

I have said all along he should have redshirted but I don't think it's unusual for a big man to take time to develop.  

There are only so many big guys out there at this level.  There is a guard on every street corner.  But there is a premium on these bigs.  We had a guy named Chris Lawson who was 6'10 and in the Cheaney class.  Developed slowly and he transferred. In 1993, Henderson got hurt and we lacked big man depth.  If we had Chris Lawson, we might have won the title.

Bigs have to develop and I would like to see the staff work with him and get him better.

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Who knows what the reason would be for Duncomb being shown the door. Could be system fit, could be practice habits, could be off court, and could be coaches don’t see the potential. If he’s out it could be for a number of reasons.  Just a few things to consider. 

I am not falling for the working theory that every person that leaves IU is a turd.  That may work on some fans but not me.

Of course, if any particular is a DB, that is different.  But you can only play that card so many times.

With Woodson, he has used his turd card on Fife.  He won't be able to play that card again.  

They can start doing it on players, but there are only so many free passes for these things.  People will catch on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I know what I saw during his high school and AAU years and having been VERY close to Cody at that age I can say they are more similar than they are different 

We will see! Heckuva big cheerleader, currently. I think he just fits another one of CAM's recruiting misses, but again... I only saw him 25 mins this season or whatever. 

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am not falling for the working theory that every person that leaves IU is a turd.  That may work on some fans but not me.

Of course, if any particular is a DB, that is different.  But you can only play that card so many times.

With Woodson, he has used his turd card on Fife.  He won't be able to play that card again.  

They can start doing it on players, but there are only so many free passes for these things.  People will catch on.

I don't think Woodson made him break a rule. He also wasn't Woodson's recruit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m just saying we don’t really know. He did get suspended earlier this year and that’s a fact. Woodson used that on Hunter last year too.

• Like 2