2023 Class Rankings and Discussion

KDB

• KDB pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You the man!!! 

Newton won MVP of the All Star game he was in this weekend. 

Does anyone know who Cupps plays for in AAU? 

I had been meaning to get the bball recruiting forum to look more like the football one, just been too lazy to do it, lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for Cupps - he plays AAU for Midwest Basketball Club. Based in Ohio.

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

I had been meaning to get the bball recruiting forum to look more like the football one, just been too lazy to do it, lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for Cupps - he plays AAU for Midwest Basketball Club. Based in Ohio.

Yes sir, that is one of the big ones! Appreciate the info. 

7 hours ago, KDB said:

To already have 2 commits in this class is exciting.

It's even more exciting when you watch both of them play.

Both of them will make an impact at IU. I have high hopes for Newton.

Do you think both can make impacts as freshman or more as sophmores? If impact as freshmen more or less than bates? Same thoughts as Banks. Anyone can answer this as I’d like everyone’s opinion 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

IU offered Andrej Stojakovic today. Son of Peja. Did well recently at Indy Adidas tourney. Looks the part to me and knowing Woodson's decades of NBA experience my guess is Dad is looking for that as well. 

Without watching 5 seconds of film, I’m willing to be he’d be the best shooter on our roster, right NOW! Get em woody!

• Like 3

On 4/14/2022 at 6:41 PM, Seeking6 said:

IU offered Andrej Stojakovic today. Son of Peja. Did well recently at Indy Adidas tourney. Looks the part to me and knowing Woodson's decades of NBA experience my guess is Dad is looking for that as well. 

Guarantee you that’s the case. People forget that Woody has connections to all corners of the NBA coming out his posterior. If he doesn’t have Peja’s info, he knows someone who does. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't know the context or the why but the #1 recruit in 2023 DJ Wagner was caught swinging on someone outside the gym in Westfield. Hopefully just a bad moment and everyone can move along.

AAU man. Wild freaking west. 

You can imagine.. I had multiple coaches try and fight in hand shake lines. Not sure why they got so mad 😅😅😅

I said we can take it to the parking lot, like civilized folk.  

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

AAU man. Wild freaking west. 

You can imagine.. I had multiple coaches try and fight in hand shake lines. Not sure why they got so mad 😅😅😅

I said we can take it to the parking lot, like civilized folk.  

AAU is crazy. I coach my son's 12U team and last weekend we were down 5 with about a minute to go. 

I'm trying to call timeout and the refs are literally ignoring me. No lie, I was at mid court jumping up and down screaming "timeout" and they ignored me while play went around me. 

It was insane. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

AAU is crazy. I coach my son's 12U team and last weekend we were down 5 with about a minute to go. 

I'm trying to call timeout and the refs are literally ignoring me. No lie, I was at mid court jumping up and down screaming "timeout" and they ignored me while play went around me. 

It was insane. 

It nuts. 

We scored with like 7 secs left one time, cut it to 1.... we had no TOs, and I knew that. 

As the other team is taking it out... the ref thinks I say "timeout" (I have no clue way)... told him no way he's giving me a T for something I flat out didn't say lol... 

Anyways... his remedy? He just ended the game and gave them a win lol ughhhh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I said we can take it to the parking lot, like civilized folk

I said something similar to a somewhat inebriated gentleman a few years ago. “If you want to settle this, we can handle it like men….outside, one on one, away from your entourage and social media cameras.” Needless to say, my offer was declined. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

It nuts. 

We scored with like 7 secs left one time, cut it to 1.... we had no TOs, and I knew that. 

As the other team is taking it out... the ref thinks I say "timeout" (I have no clue way)... told him no way he's giving me a T for something I flat out didn't say lol... 

Anyways... his remedy? He just ended the game and gave them a win lol ughhhh 

Yes, but did you look like you wanted to call a time out?

• Haha 1