2023 Class Rankings and Discussion

KDB

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

So with Booker and Evans Jr off the '23 board, are we just focused on the following? (in order of importance):

Page

Kaiser

Carr

Harris-Smith

TJ Power

I'd flip Carr and Harris-Smith but that's pretty much the way I see it...

And I don't think we oversign... 

Edited by IUFLA

With so much success in the 22 class and a great start to the 23 class we may have gotten carried away. Actually, it is nice to be shocked when highly rated recruits do not go with IU. They can't sign all of them and the good news is they still have the likely top priority (A Page) going through the process. As others noted, with the transfer portal you are never far from finding success even if Plan A does not work out as you hoped.

Going by the 247 Composite (because it was easy to research):

If Page commits, he'd be our sixth highest rated recruit since Crean was fired.

Page would be Woodson's fourth Top 50 recruit in just two years; Archie had three total in his four years.

Page would be Woodson's seventh recruit overall, all of which are currently Top 100 guys. Archie only ever had five Top 100 kids, and only once in the same recruiting class (Romeo and Jerome)

Recruiting classes almost never end up as great as you can imagine them when offers start going out. I do think there's a need in this class for someone who could provide length and scoring on the perimeter. But if Page commits I'll still be pleased with what Woodson has done so far. Time to start building relationships for '24, and the real make or break class in '25.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Was that billed as a necessity? 

I never thought so. In fact I think we can find a greater impact in the portal this upcoming season. These last 3 recruits we’ve been looking at didn’t really jump off the page at me. Page is the one out of the group that I wanted the most. Get him and find a couple players in the portal and I think that’s a good class. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I never thought so. In fact I think we can find a greater impact in the portal this upcoming season. These last 3 recruits we’ve been looking at didn’t really jump off the page at me. Page is the one out of the group that I wanted the most. Get him and find a couple players in the portal and I think that’s a good class. 

Plus... its not like the cupboard is bare next year with what we'll have coming back. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, MoyeCowbell said:

So with Booker and Evans Jr off the '23 board, are we just focused on the following? (in order of importance):

Page

Kaiser

Carr

Harris-Smith

TJ Power

The optimist in me says when one door closes, another opens. There could be any number of players and scenarios that emerge in the next 6 months that completely change the makeup of this class.

The one good thing IU has is the excitement and success of this season to entice new, top-level talent. (please God, pretty please)