World Cup 2022 Qatar

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm going to ask what probably is a stupid question.  Does Qatar have enough stadiums to host all the games?  

Eight stadiums are separated by roughly an hour's drive and 43 miles at most. Seven of the eight venues have been built from scratch for the tournament, with the other one also extensively redeveloped.

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Shows what I know. I thought it was a great draw. You had to get 1 of the top 8 teams in your pool and England has to be in bottom half of those 8 right.

From what I am seeing they are ranked #5 in the world.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Shows what I know. I thought it was a great draw. You had to get 1 of the top 8 teams in your pool and England has to be in bottom half of those 8 right.

It’s not the worst, but assuming Wales wins and joins the group. The lowest ranking team would be Iran at 21 in our group. 

• Like 1

I’d say the closest to the group of death is the Mexico, Argentina group but nothing like we have seen (or been in) before.  Overall I like our odds to beat Iran, and draw with either England or the other three countries. 4 points if we have a decent goal differential will get us through 

• 7 months later...

I love the passion of the players and fans of other nations.  

US soccer is a mess(internally) and has been playing woke games for over a decade now.  Black balled a female who wouldn't play along.  The only thing they are world class at is their hypocrisy.   The shenanigans make it hard to stomach and support.   

I'm watching the World cup and find myself cheering for the underdog.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, btownqb said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4815660/us-soccer-scrub-emblem-from-iran-flag-to-support-protests

Can these dudes just stfu and play soccer? This whole event has been a circus from the start. 

The World Cup is such a crazy circus here, with fans spilling onto the sidewalks and into the streets celebrating. You can hear the roaring of fans as you walk down the street and can’t help but stop to see the latest results. Has always been one of my favorite times. But this time it just feels so politically charged that I just can’t get into it. Just don’t care. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

The World Cup is such a crazy circus here, with fans spilling onto the sidewalks and into the streets celebrating. You can hear the roaring of fans as you walk down the street and can’t help but stop to see the latest results. Has always been one of my favorite times. But this time it just feels so politically charged that I just can’t get into it. Just don’t care. 

I watched the 2nd half today. Spent the whole first half in a meeting about a student, would have had it on in my room.