PF 2023 Arrinten Page

Looks like IU offered him. I am wondering if the winds are not blowing our direction on some of our prospects and we are either putting pressure on the other prospects to commit or have moved on from them. Inquiring minds wonder cause fron the looks of it it seems like he doesn't have alot of major offers yet. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-2023-forward-arrinten-page/

Edited by ButlerHoosier
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Whenever you read further down in the article it seems like he may blow up and we got in on him before he blows up. 

I agree. He's a good looking athlete and to only be 16, wow. This is a potentially 6'10" or 6'11 powerhouse in the paint. After watching Kansas he reminded me a bit of McCormack physically. 

21 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I have to believe that early offers will be rare going forward due to the portal. They must like what they see, as most offers thus far have been to highly regarded players 

I've been curious about the same. Are offers going to change because some P5 coaches  will just wait to see who is around in March? Could be an advantage if we go the other way. If one thing has been constant about recruiting. Kids and their families love commitment from the get go....for the most part. 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 8:35 PM, Seeking6 said:

I've been curious about the same. Are offers going to change because some P5 coaches  will just wait to see who is around in March? Could be an advantage if we go the other way. If one thing has been constant about recruiting. Kids and their families love commitment from the get go....for the most part. 

Was listening to some coaches last week discussing this. Some are starting to take the stance that they value portal transfers over high school recruits because once a player has gone through the portal, they can’t move again without sitting a year, whereas a handful recruit can transfer any time. Builds continuity and easier to have your team grow old when the portal is not a concern 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Was listening to some coaches last week discussing this. Some are starting to take the stance that they value portal transfers over high school recruits because once a player has gone through the portal, they can’t move again without sitting a year, whereas a handful recruit can transfer any time. Builds continuity and easier to have your team grow old when the portal is not a concern 

Also from the portal you get a snippet of what the player can offer you at a college level rather than at an AAU and high school level where alot of fundamentals are not learned bad habits are formed and defense is sometimes an option rather than a way of life. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 1:07 AM, ButlerHoosier said:

Whenever you read further down in the article it seems like he may blow up and we got in on him before he blows up. 

New article from 247 today, with Travis Branham calling him "arguably the hottest name to start the spring sessions".

His AAU team TSF will be at the EYBL even in Westfield this weekend, for those who want to see him in action.

Arrinten Page in the midst of a breakout spring

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I call BS!

IU is not allowed to offer unranked big men or to scout players 

I like the Archie method….offer all top 50 who return your calls….who cares if they fit or can play 

this kid looks pretty solid in small video….good hands & feet 

nice stroke on the few 3’s he took 

caught and moved the ball to wing in transition 

could he grow to 7’?

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The staff is confident someone will soon. I think he Kaiser or Harris -Smith will during or shortly after their visit. Seems to be a decent amount of smoke for both Harris -Smith and Page.

Do you think we would take both Kaiser and Harris -Smith? Want to make sure we have room for some bigs.

• Like 1