PF 2023 Arrinten Page

14 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Might get all three. Looks like the visit with Kaiser went very well. 

You think we’d take all 3?   I’m all for it but that would be 5 signees and I believe we only have 4 graduating (Kopp, XJ, Race, TJD).  The staff always knows more than us, but if they take all 5 then they are comfortable that one other would leave. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

It is telling from visitors this week after busy AAU schedule.  The 3 visitors this week are the focal point right now.  

TJ Powers and Booker are not likely anymore. 

The two notions aren't mutually exclusive. TJ and Booker are still focal points and they are not likely. IU is still recruiting Booker and TJ heavily. IU would take both right now. Schedules don't always work out in IU's favor. Kids will take their own time. 

2 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Already have those type players. Shooting is a higher priority. 

The only person remotely close to being that type of player is Geronimo.

I agree. Shooting is a priority. But when people are talking of a 5 man class, a kid like Carr would fit right in.

3 hours ago, ephul said:

The only person remotely close to being that type of player is Geronimo.

I agree. Shooting is a priority. But when people are talking of a 5 man class, a kid like Carr would fit right in.

Woody and staff disagree with you. I get it. He’s athletic but woody wants better wing shooters at this point. 

After reading the two links above, my initial thought was that Page seemed mildly interested, but not blown away. His answers read as mellow and somewhat vanilla.

But after giving it a little more thought -- specifically in regards to his response about the facilities -- I'm coming to understand that this next generation of recruits is exposed to so much pomp and circumstance on a regular basis that it takes a lot to impress them. The novelties of yesterday are ho-hum now, and a player that can see through that is better positioning themselves for success.

Based off his visit recap, it's hard to completely tell where Page's mindset is at, but I do see him putting a priority on the relationships and people in place. I truly believe IU is in the top 1% of programs in this area.

Edited by MoyeCowbell
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Yes, some of the basketball players will join the LIV golf tour.

Just waiting for another billionaire to buy a team 

ncaa can talk tough but doubt there is anything they can do 

they are just trying to hang onto March Madness….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Dad certainly seems to like IU

Yeah, can't get much more enthusiastic than that. I think his dad sees Coach Woodson for what he actually is, and the good hands his son would be in if he chooses IU.

I hope to hear good news on this one soon! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, can't get much more enthusiastic than that. I think his dad sees Coach Woodson for what he actually is, and the good hands his son would be in if he chooses IU.

I hope to hear good news on this one soon! 

I would expect it in less than a week. Still feel good about Page, Harris Smith and Kaiser

• Like 7