PF 2023 Arrinten Page

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, can't get much more enthusiastic than that. I think his dad sees Coach Woodson for what he actually is, and the good hands his son would be in if he chooses IU.

I hope to hear good news on this one soon! 

I think there’s an obvious sincerity that comes through with Woody.  And he can walk the walk in a way few can.  From being a league MVP to playing in the NBA to coaching forever in the league and knowing both what it’s like to be a player and the skills coveted at the next level, he’s got all of that in a way that your typical college coach doesn’t.  That all appears to translate to recruits and their families.  

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think there’s an obvious sincerity that comes through with Woody.  And he can walk the walk in a way few can.  From being a league MVP to playing in the NBA to coaching forever in the league and knowing both what it’s like to be a player and the skills coveted at the next level, he’s got all of that in a way that your typical college coach doesn’t.  That all appears to translate to recruits and their families.  

And, as far as maybe the fan base goes (which included some parents, the media, AAU Coaches, high school coaches and current NBA STARS), Mike Woodson may be one of the very last few that is ready, willing, able AND proven, to bridge that gap between IU greatness (RMK) and the state of IU today? Have we finally caught a break, a HUGE humongous break?

I'm probably being overly dramatic. :)      

• Like 2

If I am being honest, he is the one recruit on our radar who is a question mark (although I have not seen him in person).  I 100% support going after him because I want a big in this class.  

He is well put together and looks the part.  Love the frame. But he does not look quick off the floor, especially in terms of lack explosion on the second jump (quickness in jumping).  I don't see a nastiness or super high motor.  I don't see explosiveness. If he ends up George Leach, it is what is.  

I hope he is really good.  It will require big player development and he would be coming to the right place for that.  He is going to need to want it from within.   I want a big in the class.  I  may be one of the few, but I think Duncomb will be a tough player after this season.  You could see a big rotation of Reneau, Duncomb and Page.   Then in '24 we might get another.  So, all our eggs are not in one basket and I am very happy to have this guy in the mix.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If I am being honest, he is the one recruit on our radar who is a question mark (although I have not seen him in person).  I 100% support going after him because I want a big in this class.  

He is well put together and looks the part.  Love the frame. But he does not look quick off the floor, especially in terms of lack explosion on the second jump (quickness in jumping).  I don't see a nastiness or super high motor.  I don't see explosiveness. If he ends up George Leach, it is what is.  

I hope he is really good.  It will require big player development and he would be coming to the right place for that.  He is going to need to want it from within.   I want a big in the class.  I  may be one of the few, but I think Duncomb will be a tough player after this season.  You could see a big rotation of Reneau, Duncomb and Page.   Then in '24 we might get another.  So, all our eggs are not in one basket and I am very happy to have this guy in the mix.

With the addition of Reneau and Banks, Duncomb has really slid back into the shadows, fairly or not. As such, he is a very intriguing player (hell, still very much a prospect even as a sophomore), and one who *could* alleviate the sting of a Page commitment elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Page just visited Miami, decision should be in the next couple of weeks

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Any insight, I thought he would be our next commit but haven't heard anything about him.

If he's visited Miami, I'm not sure IU can afford him.  Isn't that the school with the crazy billionaire that pays stupid $$$ to buy players?

• Like 1