Sneakerheads

Any sneakerheads among us?

If so, to what degree? What do you rock and what are your grails?

Since having kids, I've slowed considerably, but I still like to find cool sneakers without dropping an arm and a leg.*

AJ1s (I actually love mids), Air Max 1s (all-time faves), ACGs.

*Prices and availability have gone insane. It doesn't even make any rational sense anymore.

6 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Any sneakerheads among us?

If so, to what degree? What do you rock and what are your grails?

Since having kids, I've slowed considerably, but I still like to find cool sneakers without dropping an arm and a leg.*

AJ1s (I actually love mids), Air Max 1s (all-time faves), ACGs.

*Prices and availability have gone insane. It doesn't even make any rational sense anymore.

Yes, addiction started at the age of 13. I worked the summer of 1971 at Martinsville Country Club for Sam Carmichael. Made .75 cents an hour, and got paid monthly. 

First check, for about 140 hours, was $86. Had my dad take me to a sporting goods store in Bloomington (can't remember the name but it was right on the main drag) and bought a pair of Adidas Superstars with red stripes ($50).

Dad thought I had a screw loose. 

But I was the envy on Martinsville High School that fall 😁

Always been an Adidas guy, but like New Balance now too...probably have 12 pairs between the two right now.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Always been an Adidas guy, but like New Balance now too...probably have 12 pairs between the two right now.

Still also an adidas guy when it comes to workout/running shoes, even back when IU was a Nike school. Definitely not a sneakerhead though. 

Not a “wait in line at Kith” level of sneakerhead,  but I do like a good pair of kicks. 

I’ve started buying custom Nike’s from their website over the last couple of years. It’s amazing that you can pay $10-15 more and pick all the colors you want. 

My latest is this cream and crimson Air Force 1 shoes. 

9431832D-FA8F-495A-8FDB-529224EB3833.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Not a “wait in line at Kith” level of sneakerhead,  but I do like a good pair of kicks. 

I’ve started buying custom Nike’s from their website over the last couple of years. It’s amazing that you can pay $10-15 more and pick all the colors you want. 

My latest is this cream and crimson Air Force 1 shoes. 

9431832D-FA8F-495A-8FDB-529224EB3833.jpeg

Those are smooth. Timeless look. 

• Like 2