Matta back to Butler

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If i were Dane are u kidding me I would sling so much mud I would be elected President of The United States.  that's me and not him. You have to be so careful because the kids and parents all talk and that would be more damaging to both sides I think. I am sure there will be some

Which is exactly why I think Painter has a shit-eating grin on his face right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hope your right.  I'm struggling a little bit with this solely from the standpoint that my perception that Matta is a stand-up type of person with a very good basketball mind.

Would he have hired Fife if he thought Dane was a f-up?

Matta is probably also not wanting to spend an immense amount of time building a staff. I just don't have the urge to read into EVERY little detail and morsel of information. I'm not trying to say you are wrong for being curious, I just don't share that curiosity if that makes sense. You bring up good questions. 

But ultimately, dudes move on from jobs. I saw 0 and I mean 0 things wrong with our original press release. So that is probably the basis for my opinion, hell idk man. Again, to me.. they moved on, there really isn't any thing more to it then that. If Dolson did in fact hire Fife, that is stupid. 

Again, I was just on board with the "really not that big of a deal" the whole time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hope your right.  I'm struggling a little bit with this solely from the standpoint that my perception that Matta is a stand-up type of person with a very good basketball mind.

Exactly.  The excuse that we had differing opinions would not fly so make him look bad. That back fires when the  head Coaches pseudo boss leaves and then hires him. Most times the most obvious choice is the correct answer 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly.  The excuse that we had differing opinions would not fly so make him look bad. That back fires when the  head Coaches pseudo boss leaves and then hires him. Most times the most obvious choice is the correct answer 

I still have not seen where Woodson pushed Fife under the bus.  In the release I did not see one thing that said anything bad about Fife.

• Like 2

Have to wonder what would we see if we poked our head into Scott Dolson's office right now.

- Would we see the expression of a man who resembles someone that just recently returned from an all you can eat lunch buffet at Taco Bell?

or.......

- would we see the calm expression of a man who has no concerns with how the last year has developed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So you believe that IU leaked everything yo Rabby LOL!  The thing about the NIL that Rabby reported came from Fife himself

No not at all. You don't Leak info. You flat out tell them. Trust me Rabby does not put out anything unless he gets the green light from IU. Fife is against NIL just like you me and many others that feel the opportunity to play at IU is and should be enough. If you don't think what he said was taken out of context I have nothing for you. You can lol all you want or bury your head in the sand but Matta does not hire Fife if he dud those things. I will trust the coaching decisions of Matta and Izzo or Woodson until proven differently 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Not much Fife is going to do to hurt IU. Remember... he loves IU from his Twitter post?  We don't gain anything by talking bad about Butler. I think that is beneath us. Or I would assume it is. 

It is clearly not beneath IU…look at how they treated him on his exit. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

That's what I'm saying. Dolson isn't a Taco Bell man. He's a Ponderosa man. He knows what a good buffet is.

I went to IU Southeast in New Albany back in the 80's.  No residence halls were there at the time. 

One semester, my buddy and I had a schedule where we had 3 morning classes and 2 evening classes, with a 6 hour break in the afternoon.

Instead of driving home after the morning classes and driving back at night, we would head to Ponderosa or Sizzler for lunch and then to the bowling alley and roll 2-3 games.

Did that twice a week for an entire semester unless we had an exam in one of the evening classes.

Those were some good times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I went to IU Southeast in New Albany back in the 80's.  No residence halls were there at the time. 

One semester, my buddy and I had a schedule where we had 3 morning classes and 2 evening classes, with a 6 hour break in the afternoon.

Instead of driving home after the morning classes and driving back at night, we would head to Ponderosa or Sizzler for lunch and then to the bowling alley and roll 2-3 games.

Did that twice a week for an entire semester unless we had an exam in one of the evening classes.

Those were some good times.

No way! You were probably going to the Ponderosa on State Street and Hoosier Bowling Lanes? 

Or maybe Blackiston Mill bowling lanes and the Ponderosa in Clarksville?

I grew up in that area!

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If i were Dane are u kidding me I would sling so much mud I would be elected President of The United States.  that's me and not him. You have to be so careful because the kids and parents all talk and that would be more damaging to both sides I think. I am sure there will be some

I doubt that approach would resonate very well with most high level recruits and their parents. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe.

He can think Dane is a good assistant that fits what he wants to do and think he screwed up at IU and didn’t fit what IU wants. That’s not mutually exclusive. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

No way! You were probably going to the Ponderosa on State Street and Hoosier Bowling Lanes? 

Or maybe Blackiston Mill bowling lanes and the Ponderosa in Clarksville?

I grew up in that area!

It was the Clarksville combo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:
58 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No not at all. You don't Leak info. You flat out tell them. Trust me Rabby does not put out anything unless he gets the green light from IU. Fife is against NIL just like you me and many others that feel the opportunity to play at IU is and should be enough. If you don't think what he said was taken out of context I have nothing for you. You can lol all you want or bury your head in the sand but Matta does not hire Fife if he dud those things. I will trust the coaching decisions of Matta and Izzo or Woodson until proven differently 

Are you saying you trust Tom Izzo and his judgement of right and wrong over Mike Woodson?

Surely I am misinterpreting that. 

• Like 1