Matta back to Butler

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Well.....damn.

I feel like I've wasted the whole day.  What am I supposed to tell my employer if they ask if I've been productive today?

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well.....damn.

I feel like I've wasted the whole day.  What am I supposed to tell my employer if they ask if I've been productive today?

Take them to Tumbleweed. 

So is Fife doesn’t get hired, then it’s pretty damning that a reputable coach like Matta wouldn’t even take him after having a front row seat to what happened.

Thats the logic we have been going with when it looked like he might get hired, right? 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Are you saying you trust Tom Izzo and his judgement of right and wrong over Mike Woodson?

Surely I am misinterpreting that. 

When it comes to the game of basketball and coaching it at the collegiate level and selecting your staff, no Brainerd yes!! Not looking it up but Izzo and Matta have how many times the wins, how.much more experience at this level. Other moral issues no but to judge the effectiveness of an assistant I would put those 2 up against just about anyone 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Keep it under 90 out on the road big guy.

Didn't find anybody and was wondering which house were Matta's.  Bunch of nice older mansions on Meridian St. in that area. One perk of my job is driving through some of the nicest areas around Indy.  The houses in W 106th and 116th are so nice.  I drive past Jim Irsay's house most days and just down the street is the Lucas Oil people mansion.

Edited by IU Scott

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't find anybody and was wondering which house were Matta's.  Bunch of nice older mansions on Meridian St. in that area. On perk of my job is driving through some of the nicest areas around Indy.  The houses in W 106th and 116th are so nice.  I drive past Jim Irsay's house most days and just down the street is the Lucas Oil people mansion.

I live in the area, the west side of Crooked Stick. It was a typical middle class neighborhood when my house was built in 1980. Not anymore and the changes have not been good for me. In addition to the ones you mentioned, the Simon property south of 106th Street on the west side of Ditch Road is quite impressive. Including the private golf course. On topic, I don't care one way or the other what Matta does. This is CMW's ship, he should make all the decisions. 

Just now, cthomas said:

I live in the area, the west side of Crooked Stick. It was a typical middle class neighborhood when my house was built in 1980. Not anymore and the changes have not been good for me. In addition to the ones you mentioned, the Simon property south of 106th Street on the west side of Ditch Road is quite impressive. Including the private golf course. On topic, I don't care one way or the other what Matta does. This is CMW's ship, he should make all the decisions. 

I can see a couple of holes on crooked stick. Didn't realize Simons live up there

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Also I have seen houses that are nice but are just your normal ranch homes.  I just figured those people just didn't sell out and wanted to keep their homes.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I can see a couple of holes on crooked stick. Didn't realize Simons live up there

Their estate is not adjacent to the "Stick". I don't remember if it was Herb or Mel, but they bought a lot of property along Ditch Road between 106th and 96th streets and built a private golf course. I used to run past it my younger days before the traffic was so bad.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also I have seen houses that are nice but are just your normal ranch homes.  I just figured those people just didn't sell out and wanted to keep their homes.

Old neighborhoods versus the new ones. A lot of older Carmel residents are being forced out of their homes because they cannot afford the costs of living there.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I love me some Tumbleweed.  Was craving it last night as a matter of fact.  But, the family wanted El Nopal instead.  

El Nopal ain't Tumblweed.

We tried Tumbleweed last week and it was packed. We ended up at Puerto Vallerta. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't find anybody and was wondering which house were Matta's.  Bunch of nice older mansions on Meridian St. in that area. One perk of my job is driving through some of the nicest areas around Indy.  The houses in W 106th and 116th are so nice.  I drive past Jim Irsay's house most days and just down the street is the Lucas Oil people mansion.

From what I can tell from poking around the internet, Matta lives west of Meridian Street just north of Butler in a 7k sq ft home with a zillow estimate of around $1.5 million.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I miss Golden Corral to be honest. Loved Stolls and Black Buggy down in SW Indiana back in the day

Not a buffet but there was a cafeteria in Mooresville back in the day.  I want to say it was called Gray Brothers.  There was also an Amish place in Bedford.  Sometimes down home food hits the spot.  

• Like 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Not a buffet but there was a cafeteria in Mooresville back in the day.  I want to say it was called Gray Brothers.  There was also an Amish place in Bedford.  Sometimes down home food hits the spot.  

Yes thats correct. MCL I never ate at. We have been doing a Saturday late lunch at Cracker Barrel. Love the Chicken and their Mac and Cheese is for real

• Like 1