Non-XJ topic: Coach K's retirement

Duke Post K - the Scheyer Era  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will Duke continue at the level established during the Coach K era?

• Duke will continue to win 1-2 titles per decade on average
    • Duke will remain a threat, but struggle to win the title going forward
    • Duke will return to pre-1980 good, but not elite level
    • Duke will recede into irrelevance for awhile, but eventually revive
    • IU will take back the mojo that Duke and TV Ted stole in 1992
    • Only Billy packer will be talking about Duke in 10 years
    • It was never about coach, just the players

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I hate Duke.... The End.

There was a time way back when I liked Duke a little....and it wasn't even Duke's fault but after 92 I was done with them. Coach K is a legend. Wish our legend adjusted with the times the way he did. Oh well. That's life. Adjust with times or you get left behind. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There was a time way back when I liked Duke a little....and it wasn't even Duke's fault but after 92 I was done with them. Coach K is a legend. Wish our legend adjusted with the times the way he did. Oh well. That's life. Adjust with times or you get left behind. 

Nope....  Still, I never once liked Duke....the only think I would say was that I was always envious of the players they constantly got and their winning record. Coach K was an assistant to Coach Knight at Army...that's the only thing positive I can muster....lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

+1 I also liked Duke before '92 FF - I remember rooting for them against UNLV the previous year. Same story - they went from one my favorite non-IU teams to my least favorite team in one night. And it was really TV Ted's fault, not Duke's... after that I hated them. 

It also did not help that ESPN became the Duke propaganda network a few years later. That made me hate Duke even more AND made me go from loving ESPN to hating ESPN.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Seeing what Hubert Davis has accomplished at UNC makes me hesitant to bet against them.  Then again, there was Matt Daugherty...

I think for programs of this caliber, if they were to drop off, it wouldn't happen overnight. 3-4 years will be a good indicator.

• Like 3