I'm new here and wanted to share my story as I want to move to Indiana

Thank you so much for sharing your story.  As an IU fan, I can honestly say I'm disappointed that you have not yet received a jersey from Indiana.  Hopefully, someone at IU quickly receives word of your post here and jump starts the effort to get one delivered.

If you ever do achieve your goal of making Indiana your home, dont limit yourself to college basketball.  There are still many areas if the state where high school basketball remains a religion.  There are some truly historic high school venues in this state, with fan bases second to none.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

If you get to BTown your IU game ticket is on me. But if you have a Purdue jersey, we would need a picture of it on fire first. :coffee:. Welcome to the best IU forum going.

I am gonna do my best. We have family in Greenwood just south of Indy so it wouldn't be super far away. 

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your epilepsy.  I hope the surgery works.

However, although i won't go into detail,  I have to warn you that all the posters here are certifiable nut cases except me.    They come here so they can feel normal around all the other nuts.  But don't tell anyone else.

Excuse me I have to go put on my tinfoil antenna, they are at it againl

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Welcome @Jerseys4Hope. Thanks for sharing your incredible story. Glad to have you around.

Happy to be here and grateful to make more connections with people. Figured one of the best ways to get motivated to move is to keep chatting with people from Indiana and especially Hoosier fans. Things feel like they're kinda going downhill where I'm at and Indiana is far more affordable and there is so much basketball happening, that I can focus on that and have a lot fewer seizures.

40 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Welcome!  Greenwood is a nice area and once they finish the construction on 69 it will be a quick trip down to Bloomington!

The street view pictures really don't do it justice according to the family there. It's gonna be a nice freeway. Wish we had more of those in Oregon. One of the reasons I want to move.

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. This place is the right place to find a caring community that love Indiana Basketball. We might disagree on a lot of things here but this forum was created by people that not only loved all things Indiana University they loved the rest of us that shared in those passions. This overall is a great group of people (except those few PU guys, as far as PU guys go they are pretty good ones). Hoping that an IU jersey finds its way to you very soon. Thank you for joining us and helping us to understand some of the things that you are encountering. 

• Like 1

Jerseys4Hope:

Hope I'm not stepping over any boundaries here, but I thought the other members may appreciate hearing even more of your story/background. This is the article about you on ncaa.com from 2017.

Welcome to the community. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-07-31/college-basketball-super-fan-collects-jerseys-raise-awareness

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Jerseys4Hope:

Hope I'm not stepping over any boundaries here, but I thought the other members may appreciate hearing even more of your story/background. This is the article about you on ncaa.com from 2017.

Welcome to the community. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-07-31/college-basketball-super-fan-collects-jerseys-raise-awareness

Thanks for sharing this. We just never know what the people we discuss basketball with are dealing with on a daily basis

• Like 2

Thanks for all the support!! Really enjoying reading y'all's banter and I hope I'll fit in here. My wife might tell me we won't ever be able to afford to move to Indiana but I'm making it a priority. My mother in law who owns our house here had a heart attack but survived and I need to be able to take care of her with both her kids close by instead of just 1 since I'm here all day with her and I live in a 1-bedroom flat that's like walking through a submarine lol.

I'm trying to convince her to retire and sell this place. My disability and my wife's income might not be enough yet, but I've told them that I'm gonna find some other source of work if I can keep my brain working during the day.

• Like 1

Until you can make the move, HSN is the best place to be to feel you are a part of the Hoosier Nation. I'm a born and raised Hoosier and an IU grad living in Florida for many yrs. I have been an IU basketball fan since I was a child. HSN is the first place I go to daily to keep up on news about our Hoosiers. Welcome to the HSN family.

• Like 2