IU #21 in ESPN Way-Too-Early rankings

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

Seems silly to do these rankings so early when so many teams have guys who haven’t decided what they’re going to do yet lol. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 6

I saw another one of these somewhere else, I think it was Sporting News. I had to laugh at what it said about Kentucky. Basically that if they get so and so and do such and such next year, UK fans will forget all about the St. Peter's loss. I thought, does this guy know UK fans? Anything short of a national title next year won't make them forget about that loss. I'm not sure some of them would get over it even if they won it all. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I saw another one of these somewhere else, I think it was Sporting News. I had to laugh at what it said about Kentucky. Basically that if they get so and so and do such and such next year, UK fans will forget all about the St. Peter's loss. I thought, does this guy know UK fans? Anything short of a national title next year won't make them forget about that loss. I'm not sure some of them would get over it even if they won it all. 

They apparently don't know Louisville fans either cause we know they aren't going to let them forget lol.

56 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Miss tournament and then get beat by a 15 seed….the pitch forks are out and yes anything short of winning conference and final 4 will be seen as failure. Especially with kids now saying publically they are only looking at coming for one semester and improving draft stock. Even if they all think it they usually don’t come out and say it….they are now. UK fans I know are pissed at what Cal has done. Throw in Arkansas is shaping up for a great year and could get real dark in Lexington.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Miss tournament and then get beat by a 15 seed….the pitch forks are out and yes anything short of winning conference and final 4 will be seen as failure. Especially with kids now saying publically they are only looking at coming for one semester and improving draft stock. Even if they all think it they usually don’t come out and say it….they are now. UK fans I know are pissed at what Cal has done. Throw in Arkansas is shaping up for a great year and could get real dark in Lexington.

How sweet would it be for IU  fans to have the same expectations?

Hoosier fans were excited just to get a bid!

Oh Well.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Seems silly to do these rankings so early when so many teams have guys who haven’t decided what they’re going to do yet lol. 

Perhaps so with guys coming and going as they are, but I believe it is good to do it now.  Season is fresh in their minds.  Also gives us a chance to see what the media thinks about teams for next year.  CBS updated theirs periodically up until the season.  I love it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Ok, projected #21 was based on TJD and RT coming back for their last seasons. This doesn't mean anything other than Jeff Borzello getting paid for the article. 

And Michigan and Illinois the only two teams ahead of the Hoosiers we're projected Top 20 only if Kofi and Hunter come back. The B1G is going to have to earn their respect next season unlike this year.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

And Michigan and Illinois the only two teams ahead of the Hoosiers we're projected Top 20 only if Kofi and Hunter come back. The B1G is going to have to earn their respect next season unlike this year.

With UM if they get Dickenson, Houston and Diabate back they will definitely be the top team in the conference. If Kofi comes back then they will he good but who will be their PG and the 2

• Like 1