IU #21 in ESPN Way-Too-Early rankings

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Figures... the one group that probably put some real thought into it did not pick us. 

To be honest, ESPN probably threw us in there just so they would get clicks from all of the IU fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

Figures... the one group that probably put some real thought into it did not pick us. 

To be honest, ESPN probably threw us in there just so they would get clicks from all of the IU fans.

TSN?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-2022-23-kentucky-ucla-top-25/ux3bcoa9s0k7bx8772mosjhq

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Unfortunately, Mike DeCourcy knows our team well...

Objectively, we still have something to show in order be ranked. Unless there is an unexpected roster blow-up, I do expect us to float in and out of the ranking next year. 

4 hours ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Maybe they are just assuming TJD and Race aren't coming back.   And without any portal pickups yet we aren't worthy of being ranked.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Edited by Indy1987

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Maybe they are just assuming TJD and Race aren't coming back.   And without any portal pickups yet we aren't worthy of being ranked.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!

Portal 

why waste time recruiting high school 

I wonder if a kid is smarter about picking a good fit or just looking for 💰after a year or two 

29 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Portal 

I wonder if a kid is smarter about picking a good fit or just looking for 💰after a year or two 

Depending on the class(and a school's needs)  the portal might be the best option.   But there are always gonna be hs kids worth recruiting.

As for players picking a school... I dunno what's most important.  PT, exposure, coach that develops, coach with connections, winning program, location, teammates, facilities, NIL money...  

Go Hoosiers!!!

56 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Portal 

I still want to build your roster with high school recruits and only use the portal to fill spots of need 

Edited by IU Scott

39 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

What are these rankings based on? How could yuou come up with we deserve to ranked 21st and we lose half our team and our point guard is a convict on the run. 

Kinda like the early opinions on XJ these are based on nothing and probably should wait until more stuff shakes loose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

What are these rankings based on? How could yuou come up with we deserve to ranked 21st and we lose half our team and our point guard is a convict on the run. 

Well, they did acknowledge it was "way too early." 

Reading comprehension is a pretty valuable life skill. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jerseys4Hope said:

I feel like a reasonable take is a non-top 25 team but still an 8 or 9 seed in March Madness next season.

I think that’s a slight lowball if TJD returns. With TJD (with or without Race), I think a low ranking is a reasonable expectation. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Katz doesn't even have us in the top 36 

But he does have 7 Big 10 teams in there...

Some of them are laughable...

Not sure I get all the love for the Illini. Even with kofi back not sure that is a top 25 team. Melenzas is a nice player and verdonk is too. Not sure about the guards. The top 7 teams or so last year ranged from 15-5 to 12-8. It not that hard for those teams to lose a few more. Iu could easily win 3 or 4 more even without TJD next year. Had we stayed healthy and caught a break or two we easily could have won 3 more games. If the experts expect improved from Illini and Wisconsin and Purdue players why not IU. We could easily move up the standings

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Not sure I get all the love for the Illini. Even with kofi back not sure that is a top 25 team. Melenzas is a nice player and verdonk is too. Not sure about the guards. The top 7 teams or so last year ranged from 15-5 to 12-8. It not that hard for those teams to lose a few more. Iu could easily win 3 or 4 more even without TJD next year. Had we stayed healthy and caught a break or two we easily could have won 3 more games. If the experts expect improved from Illini and Wisconsin and Purdue players why not IU. We could easily move up the standings

Frazier and Plummer will be big losses for the Illini even if Kofi does decide to return. If he leaves they will be middle of the road at best.

For IU to be top 25.

TJD returns 

Race keeps improving on 3 pointers 

X returns and maintains his all big ten level play he ended last year with 

role players….Star in their role 

if nobody works hard over the summer it might be another bubble season unless freshman can step in and contribute 

the talent is there…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

For IU to be top 25.

TJD returns 

Race keeps improving on 3 pointers 

X returns and maintains his all big ten level play he ended last year with 

role players….Star in their role 

if nobody works hard over the summer it might be another bubble season unless freshman can step in and contribute 

the talent is there…

That sensible post made you an official IU fan. Can’t hide your IU love any longer.

• Haha 1