Players declaring for the draft

Here is a list of notable players who have declared so far.  Obviously, some of these may yet go back to school.  This list is from Wikipedia.

ACC - Blake Wesley, Jake LaRavia, Cole Swider

Big Ten - Malaki Branham, Max Christie, Keegan Murray, Johnny Davis, Jaden Jones, EJ Liddell, Bryce McGowens

SEC - Jabari Smith, Kennedy Chandler, Tari Eason, Walker Kessler, Jaylin Williams, Jaden Shackleford, Iverson Molinar

Big 12 - Kendall Brown, Nigel Pack, Jabari Walker

Pac 12 - Harrison Ingram

Big East - Julian Champagnie, Aminu Mohammed

Other - Johnni Broome, Drew Timme, Lester Quinones

Players from teams nobody cares about - Keion Brooks, TyTy Washington, Jaden Ivey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

@KDBposted that Trayce has officially declared for the draft while maintaining eligibility.  No real surprise there.  Was a horrible twitter graphic to try to read though.

This will just make it harder for the coaching staff to know if we need to replace him or not

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because this can drag on until the middle of May.  Most players won't commit that late so players like Reneau or Broehm might not commit to IU if they don't know if TJD is leaving.

I think the staff knows which way he is leaning so they can prepare properly and/or have a contingency in place. This comes at no surprise. TJD needs to take this step. 

With that NIL deal I’m guessing that he comes back unless he receives some unexpected promises from NBA teams. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Trayce is one of my favorites of all time and I agree with his process.  Plus his note was all class, as it always is with him.  Best wishes to him and I hope for his dreams to come true first and foremost.  Phenomenal kid.   

Anybody that has hard feelings towards Trayce about this is an idiot.  As fine a young man and program ambassador as HoosierNation has ever had.  

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This will just make it harder for the coaching staff to know if we need to replace him or not

Woody is no dummy.  He knew Trayce would test the waters.  He even said he was ready.  Probably encouraged him to go through the process.  So this shouldn't be a suprise.  

Not worried about replacing him in May.  There'll be plenty waiting things out if he does leave.

Go Hoosiers!!!

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because this can drag on until the middle of May.  Most players won't commit that late so players like Reneau or Broehm might not commit to IU if they don't know if TJD is leaving.

So you'd rather him just go and not keep his eligibility? 

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Anybody that has hard feelings towards Trayce about this is an idiot.  As fine a young man and program ambassador as HoosierNation has ever had.  

100%. I want him to do what is best for him, but would love for him to come back and have the type of season that young man deserves in terms of team success. 

• Like 2