Players declaring for the draft

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t have to know someone personally to care about them.

Remember how many people that have never met you personally cared about you the past two years through all your struggles?

True and I am thankful for that.  All I meant is that I just hope this does not drag on for 6 weeks.  I really hope the best for any player that comes to IU and hope they succeed.  If Trayce leaves I just hope we have time to find an replacement.  If he waits until after the combine then decides to go then that will be hard to find an adequate replacement.  Also if it is true that if Trayce leaves then Race moves on then we would be without our two best players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, I hope Justin Smith and Al Durham have nice professional careers and will follow both of them about as close as I do any IU player. 

Yeah same here, I try to follow all Hoosier players even after they leave the IU. I kept up with all the Hoosiers transfers from last season, checking up on box scores and watching an occasional game their teams played. I probably watched 10 Providence games this season, and before this season had maybe watched ten all time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

3 pt line was also 4 inches closer and the athleticism improvements over the years makes defenses much more difficult to break down and for many years it was filled with upperclassman…21-22 year old men…not 18-19 teens. Definitely a different game…but doesn’t mean the game is not good now…or enjoyable…problem for me is I watch IU and it’s just IU has been bad…but watched lots of other high level teams and there is plenty to enjoy.

I never bought the lack of athletic ability back then. Just watcht the final four game in 83 with Houston and UL. What makes the game less enjoyable for me is the way teams run their offense today. It is so much easier to defend when you have 3 guys standing while the other two are in a ball screen.  There is very little diversity in how teams plays today and the offense is all the same.  The analytics had taken out a lot of the game that makes for great offense. When you don't have to defend 1/3 of the half court it is easier to defend 

Edited by IU Scott

Not sure why this is an either or thing. I love both the kids and the team. I want what’s best for the kid because in the end that will benefit the program. Successful alumni attract successful kids and hopefully lead the program back to greater heights. This isn’t like the players are sucking the blood out of the program and only benefiting…it works both ways. While I may think a kid could use an extra year or be better off somewhere else I mean that in a good way…positively for them and for the program. As long as no one is getting taken advantage of or wronged then we are good. If it happens either way then I’d be displeased with the kid or how the program treated the kid. That said the kids ARE Indiana basketball. Not the fans…not the University…the kids and staffs that have created the success are why we are fans. Without them there is no program…so I will root for them in appreciation for the joy they have brought me. To this day I’d still say thank you to all the guys that have given me joy. The Alford, Smart, Garrett, Cheaney, Hendersons, Grahams, Bailey, Haston, Evans etc etc all the way up to Zeller, Dipo, Romeo, and Trayce…and of course all those that came before my time like May, Buckner, Benson, Thomas and long before….the kids built this…not the University. So I will support them even if I don’t agree with every decision to leave.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Not sure why this is an either or thing. I love both the kids and the team. I want what’s best for the kid because in the end that will benefit the program. Successful alumni attract successful kids and hopefully lead the program back to greater heights. This isn’t like the players are sucking the blood out of the program and only benefiting…it works both ways. While I may think a kid could use an extra year or be better off somewhere else I mean that in a good way…positively for them and for the program. As long as no one is getting taken advantage of or wronged then we are good. If it happens either way then I’d be displeased with the kid or how the program treated the kid. That said the kids ARE Indiana basketball. Not the fans…not the University…the kids and staffs that have created the success are why we are fans. Without them there is no program…so I will root for them in appreciation for the joy they have brought me. To this day I’d still say thank you to all the guys that have given me joy. The Alford, Smart, Garrett, Cheaney, Hendersons, Grahams, Bailey, Haston, Evans etc etc all the way up to Zeller, Dipo, Romeo, and Trayce…and of course all those that came before my time like May, Buckner, Benson, Thomas and long before….the kids built this…not the University. So I will support them even if I don’t agree with every decision to leave.

I kinda said this a couple pages back😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Good luck to TJD. If he will be drafted in the first round, he should absolutely go. If not, come back and hopefully next year he will go in the first round  NBA. He is a great kid and I hope the NBA works out for him whether this upcoming draft or next years.

His projections are all over the place, I've seen from first round all the way to undrafted. If he is expected to go first then he should 100% go. 👍

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some of you guys are so easy to mess with. I know what buttons to push with some of you guys. I know you hate when I talk about the past so I am bored so I just keep pushing.  I believe in everything I say but I know when to stop pushing but sometimes it is fun watching some of you react.  There is nothing on today and I am bored so this is my entertainment.

Don’t pay yourself on the back too hard there, Scott. You don’t push any buttons here.

Really, more feel sorry for you 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some of you guys are so easy to mess with. I know what buttons to push with some of you guys. I know you hate when I talk about the past so I am bored so I just keep pushing.  I believe in everything I say but I know when to stop pushing but sometimes it is fun watching some of you react.  There is nothing on today and I am bored so this is my entertainment.

Today Scott has become the thing he hates: a troll. 

Tomorrow he’ll be back to his normal role: the self proclaimed ‘poster with integrity’,  telling other trolls to go to the Rivals board. 

Just another week here at HSN. 😆 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

cartoon-swimming.gif.683112ab7fa2c61d3888b8ef470361f8.gif

Regarding the Trayce situation, it’s part of the deal.  Woody and his staff are paid obscene amounts of money to navigate these situations.  Any high level basketball program will have situations like this from time to time and part of the staff’s job is to navigate the situation and optimize our roster regardless.  

It is not Trayce’s problem and our staff will do what they can to help him because his success is their success.   

Trayce has been incredibly loyal and takes ownership of IU so he has earned the program’s trust.  What he did leading through the coaching change is more than most of our ex players ever could do for the school.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Regarding the Trayce situation, it’s part of the deal.  Woody and his staff are paid obscene amounts of money to navigate these situations.  Any high level basketball program will have situations like this from time to time and part of the staff’s job is to navigate the situation and optimize our roster regardless.  

It is not Trayce’s problem and our staff will do what they can to help him because his success is their success.   

Trayce has been incredibly loyal and takes ownership of IU so he has earned the program’s trust.  What he did leading through the coaching change is more than most of our ex players ever could do for the school.  

I am sure the coaching staff has plans but if we don't find out until late May not much they can do.  If all the top replacements are already committed elsewhere there is not much else the coaches can do. Say if we lose both Trayce and Race late in the process will the fans be lenient on the coaching staff next year if we struggle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure the coaching staff has plans but if we don't find out until late May not much they can do.  If all the top replacements are already committed elsewhere there is not much else the coaches can do. Say if we lose both Trayce and Race late in the process will the fans be lenient on the coaching staff next year if we struggle.

You pay as much attention to college basketball as anyone on this board.  Good players will still be hitting the portal for months to come.  There may even be a guy or two out there thinking, ok, if Trayce stays in the draft, I'm reaching out to IU.  

• Like 2

Trayce has had a season hearing from scouts. They are at every game. Its time for the staff to move on and fill all the spots and if Trayce wants to come back and there is still a spot then fine, if not to bad. You can't miss on a player because you are waiting on one. I like Trayce, i have had a few good talks with him, great teammate. I wish him the best.

Players come and players go.

• Like 1

9 of the espn top 100 are uncommitted and we are in hot standing with #21 who happens to call Jalen Hood Schifino his brother.  And he's a big.  

CBS sports top 10 transfers only has one guy committed.  It goes both ways.  It's very similar to free agency, waiting for dominos to fall, rosters and playing time and competition for playing time to clear up.  Players have until April 29th to hit the portal to be immediately eligible to play in the fall, but don't have to commit before then.  

• Like 4

Fill the spot and if Trayce cannot get drafted where he wants, give hime Leal's scholarship and then find Leal a NIL deal that covers tuition and living expenses.  Bada bing, bada boom.

(I wonder what the rules are on that, you could easily have 15 players all having their school paid for even if you only have 13 scholarships.)

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Fill the spot and if Trayce cannot get drafted where he wants, give hime Leal's scholarship and then find Leal a NIL deal that covers tuition and living expenses.  Bada bing, bada boom.

(I wonder what the rules are on that, you could easily have 15 players all having their school paid for even if you only have 13 scholarships.)

While certainly against the spirit of the rules, I am fairly certain that is not against the letter of the rules. The bigger problem is just that the kind of big we will need if TJD leaves (one that can start from day one) is likely only going to come here if TJD leaves.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I believe IU will still pay for his tuition even if they would take his scholarship.  Something they implemented about 4 years ago or so.  Even if you leave you can come back and they will honor it.