Players declaring for the draft

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Turdue fans on GBI see IU no better than 5th and Turdue ahead of them.  Gotta love their optimism...or just laugh at it.

If Pack chooses Purdue

If TJD leaves

Flip those 2 and IU is top 3 

Purdue is hoping for Portal help 

both teams have a lot of talent returning….

PS. Is XJ decided?  100% returning?

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

If Pack chooses Purdue

If TJD leaves

Pretty positive XJ is returning. Still see him on campus and he is in one of my classes and he still attends. If he were to leave he wouldn't go. Durr was in the class as well and when he announced he was leaving he stopped going.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mkaser said:

Pretty positive XJ is returning. Still see him on campus and he is in one of my classes and he still attends. If he were to leave he wouldn't go. Durr was in the class as well and when he announced he was leaving he stopped going.

He also hosted MR this weekend. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Since it’s in the “players declaring for the draft” thread I took it to mean TJD is leaving to go get paid… but that’s just my interpretation.

I actually took it the exact opposite lol 

TJD is coming back and the major reason for that was NIL. I usually skew things in the positive way, and I am usually wrong haha

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You're likely right.  I forgot what thread I was in.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

TJD is coming back and the major reason for that was NIL. I usually skew things in the positive way, and I am usually wrong haha

...but I hope you're right.

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If it is TJD leaving, RTZ needs to work on his red and white dots and googly eye usage 🤣!

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You think so? I've always thought he would go and Diabate and possibly Houstan would be back at Michigan.

Dickinson showed the ability to hit the 3 (33% this year) and I thought that might be enough to at least get him on some draft boards...

I hope you are right and I do see the point you make regarding his demonstrating his ability to hit the 3.  I base my pessimism about his leaving on the optimism that he is staying being circulated on UM boards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

If Pack chooses Purdue

If TJD leaves

You know what? I hope Pack choses PU. And I obviously hope TJD comes back.

The Big Ten needs an an infusion of talent and they need this rivalry to matter again. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Big NIL $ coming in to keep him at IU is what I was told about an hour ago. 

Someone earlier mentioned making NIL contracts month-to-month to work around tying them to staying at IU.  That seems to be a really smart workaround to me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You know what? I hope Pack choses PU. And I obviously hope TJD comes back.

The Big Ten needs an an infusion of talent and they need this rivalry to matter again. 

The Big Ten just needs us to stop dicking around and become the conference's flagship program again. What Purdue does or doesn't do is irrelevant. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Because he did it last year?

And the year before. You can take your name out twice, but not a third time.

20 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The NCAA has some screwy ideas on where to draw lines in the sand. 

It's actually more of an NBA rule regarding the draft process. In fact the NCAA is ready to change the rules and allow undrafted guys to return to school but the NBA has to approve that in the next CBA.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Kofi is a weird one in terms of next level. There aren't any players in the league with his physical presence.....but my man still hasn't learned how to play high ball screen defense since Loyola loss. Somewhere there has to be role for a guy like that but everything we read says no way. 

Either way wish the kid well. He actually seems like a likeable kid. 

You keep saying he hasn't "learned" which is just wrong. Kofi's a smart kid, he's just physically incapable of moving quick enough to play anything other than drop coverage. Which can work at times in college but you're right, not the NBA. He'll probably end up overseas or the G League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

I have no clue who that even is. 

That's HoosierLyss.  She used to make youtube videos commenting on IU basketball when she was a student during the Crean days.  Huge IU basketball fan.  Now the weather geek at CBS in Indy(was in Lexington before).  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1