Players declaring for the draft

5 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

That's HoosierLyss.  She used to make youtube videos commenting on IU basketball when she was a student during the Crean days.  Huge IU basketball fan.  Now the weather geek at CBS in Indy(was in Lexington before).  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I always wondered where she ended up. I think she even used to go back and forth with Casual Gamer Reid at times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He did not say the 2nd part. I brought the first part here, after reading what Chris said. 

I think offering an NIL deal is more likely than asking a player to leave.  People have labeled that scenario as unlikely, but I see asking a player, who's done everything you've asked him to do and behaved himself, to leave as more unlikely than taking advantage of the NIL.

• Like 2

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I think offering an NIL deal is more likely than asking a player to leave.  People have labeled that scenario as unlikely, but I see asking a player, who's done everything you've asked him to do and behaved himself, to leave as more unlikely than taking advantage of the NIL.

Then what's the point of even having scholarship limits anymore if a big booster can just offer someone an NIL deal to cover their tuition and room and board if they walk on?

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So will next years team have one player that will shoot the three better than 36-38%

Archie Miller got fired for this.  

Uhhhh.  Winning ugly is a win.  I however don't see a championship with that style. 

Was there a route for us to win a championship in year 2? 

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

I don't really.  It does seem like the NIL and portal will put the mid majors out of business.  That can't be good for March madness. 

I disagree with this; at least for the near future. Reasons:

1. With the free COVID year, there are really 5 classes for 4 years. Roughly estimating, that is 1.25 times the usual number of available players - there are going to be more quality players out there for everyone.
  2. With NIL, there will be more players who do not turn pro early - same thing. 
  3. With the portal, a mid-major should be able to snag underperforming players (e.g., Lander) from high majors

Everything just changes the game. Those who are in front of it for the next 4-5 years will be big winners (both at the mid and high major). Those who react slowly will slide. 

• Like 1