Players declaring for the draft

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Gang,

Let's be careful speculating who leaves. Spreading rumors who leaves. Or who should leave.

I know its the off season. But it is a bit of a bad look saying "so and so won't play, he needs to move on"

Or "I heard so and so" is getting the boot.

Let's remember "so and so" is a Hoosier and a person. 

I know it is tough this time of year. Have discussion....but try to just keep that in mind.

These are real people with real feelings who read these boards.

They are not LeBron James. 

+1 

We should not hope that anyone on this team leaves. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

We attempted that in Archie's first 2 years.  And we begged, pleaded, and yelled for shooters.  Hell we had Romeo Langford getting into the paint almost at will even when everyone knew he was going right.  And it became more and more difficult to win as the season goes on especially in our conference.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/louisville/2013.html

It can be done. Louisville shot 31% from 3 in conference play that year. 

Idk what to tell you inregards to Archie. He sucked. 

Im tired of reading "we need shooters". We had two last year that provided an average of 2.7 3 pointers a game last year. and just stood on the arc. couldnt drive, didnt rebound, defense was okay.

We need multi-faceted players that can shoot the ball around 32% 3pt, but also can drive, cut, intense defense, rebound. that 2.7 3 pointers a game disappears pretty quickly when you factor in literally every other aspect of the game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We are all speculating that someone is being forced out.  The coaches likely have info we don't.  Let's see it play out before we pass judgment,  

I'm sure not.  I see no need for anyone to be forced out for anything aside from bad behavior.  In the age of the NIL, I simply don't see it as necessary.  If players leave, they will leave on their own.  There is no need to force anyone out anymore.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Im tired of reading "we need shooters". We had two last year that provided an average of 2.7 3 pointers a game last year. and just stood on the arc. couldnt drive, didnt rebound, defense was okay.

We need multi-faceted players that can shoot the ball around 32% 3pt, but also can drive, cut, intense defense, rebound. that 2.7 3 pointers a game disappears pretty quickly when you factor in literally every other aspect of the game.

No one is asking for one dimensional shooters.  I have been asking how the floor is going to open up by replacing your best returning shooter with a guy that recently shot 29% on the season.  Athletic ability won't cut it.  People fell in love with dude's highlight reel that showed him getting to the rack and hitting threes like he's a borderline nba prospect on the wing.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

No one is asking for one dimensional shooters.  I have been asking how the floor is going to open up by replacing your best returning shooter with a guy that recently shot 29% on the season.  Athletic ability won't cut it.  People fell in love with dude's highlight reel that showed him getting to the rack and hitting threes like he's a borderline nba prospect on the wing.  

I'm with you...still waiting to be sold on this prospect.  Not there yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

40% 34% 34% 30% freshman year to senior respectively. 

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

40% 34% 34% 30% freshman year to senior respectively. 

So one good thing I found was that in conference he has been better than whole season.   40, 39, 32.8 and 32.8, better or equal ever year in conference accept 1.  His usage has been fairly steady.  We definitely don't want him attempting 5 threes a game though.  

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So one good thing I found was that in conference he has been better than whole season.   40, 39, 32.8 and 32.8, better or equal ever year in conference accept 1.  His usage has been fairly steady.  We definitely don't want him attempting 5 threes a game though.  

Those #s are 100% fine for everything else we have talent wise and what else he brings to the table.