Players declaring for the draft

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

So if a player hires an agent and decalres for draft such as Braanham is considering, is he for sure gone?  I thought a player could hire an agent per NIL.  So seems if a player hires agent it doesn't matter now or has the NCAA created a new area of gray matter to deal with?  

Being allowed to have an agent is not tied to NIL. There is a rule in place that they can hire certain agents who have been approved by the NCAA. If they hire one of those they can return. If they hire an agent who hasn't been approved they are for sure gone.

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

So if a player hires an agent and decalres for draft such as Braanham is considering, is he for sure gone?  I thought a player could hire an agent per NIL.  So seems if a player hires agent it doesn't matter now or has the NCAA created a new area of gray matter to deal with?  

Brahnam announced today he is definitely leaving. You can enter your name on the draft and keep you college eligibility.  You have until around June 1st to withdrawal your name from the draft.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 8:53 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Blues coming on strong!

And @Zlinedavid

Got an email today announcing that the company I work for is going to be the official jersey sponsor for the Blues in the 2022-23 season. They have created 3 commercials to introduce this and one of them will air 4 times on the Blues’ broadcast tomorrow night 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And @Zlinedavid

Got an email today announcing that the company I work for is going to be the official jersey sponsor for the Blues in the 2022-23 season. They have created 3 commercials to introduce this and one of them will air 4 times on the Blues’ broadcast tomorrow night 

It’s interesting how sponsorships like this have shifted so far into B2B vs Consumer. 

6 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Jeremy Woo, writer for Sports Illustrated, just released his top 100 draft prospects. Now this isn't a mock draft where some of these guys could get drafted higher or lower based on team need. However, he listed TJD as the 85th best prospect.

Full Article

Thanks for that Beamerball.

I was wondering when we should start to hear about TJD's decision, anyone know?

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks for that Beamerball.

I was wondering when we should start to hear about TJD's decision, anyone know?

It probably depends if he gets an invite to the combine.  If he goes then his decision probably will be late May

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As a college basketball fan I don't like seeing all of these kids stay in the draft. As an IU fan it does help us in the conference but do we want to win because the conference is weaker.

Honestly, at this point I don't care how we win as long as we win. Win in a weakened conference? Fine with me. Winning cultures can endure even if the competition gets better. Besides, no one remembers if they won in a weaker conference or a stronger one. Which of IU's previous B1G championships were in down years and which were in strong years? Does it really matter?

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Honestly, at this point I don't care how we win as long as we win. Win in a weakened conference? Fine with me. Winning cultures can endure even if the competition gets better. Besides, no one remembers if they won in a weaker conference or a stronger one. Which of IU's previous B1G championships were in down years and which were in strong years? Does it really matter?

According to NCAA tournament results this past season, the conference has nowhere to go but up.

• Like 1