Players declaring for the draft

4 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Indeed. The B1G was highly overrated this past season. Actually, the past several seasons.

Exactly.  The B1G will be viewed as strong if they show better in the NCAAT.  But I still want that B1G title....

Not of the opinion that the B1G is going to be weak. Every summer there’s this conversation about opposing teams and what they lost from the previous year. Until they prove me wrong, Wisconsin is going to be good. Iowa will be good. PUke will be good. Illinois will restock. OSU will compete. I never sell Izzo short.

There will be quality competition for our guys to beat and claim a legitimate conference championship 

• Like 2

Pete Nance took his name out, there was a lot of speculation he'd end up at Illinois. Not sure with Mayer on board now. Nance would be a better fit with his size and skills. Probably will get lots of interest, Michigan may be after him given Diabate's choice. Also UNC and Zags probably will give him a call.

Per CBS..

Winner: Indiana's Big Ten prospects

Michigan lost Caleb Houstan and Moussa Diabate to the draft. Purdue lost Jaden Ivey and Trevion Williams to the draft. Ohio State lost Malaki Branham and EJ Liddell to the draft.

Is the Big Ten possibly Indiana's for the taking now?

I think the case is there. Trayce Jackson-Davis is back, as are the team's other top two scorers from last season. Jalen Hood-Schifino, the incoming five-star freshman, is going to be a difference-maker as well. I think the returning production and added star power, combined with losses other teams in the Big Ten suffered, should thrust the Hoosiers into being a legit contender in the Big Ten and beyond. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, rico said:

Per CBS..

Winner: Indiana's Big Ten prospects

Michigan lost Caleb Houstan and Moussa Diabate to the draft. Purdue lost Jaden Ivey and Trevion Williams to the draft. Ohio State lost Malaki Branham and EJ Liddell to the draft.

Is the Big Ten possibly Indiana's for the taking now?

I think the case is there. Trayce Jackson-Davis is back, as are the team's other top two scorers from last season. Jalen Hood-Schifino, the incoming five-star freshman, is going to be a difference-maker as well. I think the returning production and added star power, combined with losses other teams in the Big Ten suffered, should thrust the Hoosiers into being a legit contender in the Big Ten and beyond. 

LOL @ UI fans. They're not even listed despite losing Cockburn to the draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I am.  On paper that seems about right.  Now how that plays out on the court is another story.

I see this pattern of optimism every pre-season.  I'll remain skeptical for now.  That's a big jump from last year for a second-year coach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I see this pattern of optimism every pre-season.  I'll remain skeptical for now.  That's a big jump from last year for a second-year coach.

Not optimism on my part.  Just speculation as to where the pollsters will have us slotted come the preseason polls.  

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I agree with the off season observation.  However, everything is aligning up for IU right now.  Race will be a 6 year college player, XJ 5th year and TJD a four year and I am not sure if Koop is 4 or 5 years.  That is a lot of experience right there sprinkled in with the diaper dandies they have on the team.  I still say Tamar Bates or JHS have to come out and impress for IU to get to the next level.  I also love the schedule this year.  I am not a fan of playing all cupcake’s in the preseason.  It is way past the time to wake this sleeping giant and regain IU’s spot among the elite.  Hopefully, this is the year. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Saw Anydy Katz has IU at 7th in the country

I think that's a tad high....but preseason polls are what they are. Should help the hype surrounding our Kansas, Arizona....and if I'm guessing correctly Carolina visiting Bloomington for ACC challenge.

Love the attention for sure but if you don't make the second weekend of tourney it doesn't matter much. 

35 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I haven't seen all of these prognosticators pick IU this high in a preseason poll in years. What pattern of optimism are you talking about?  I also haven't seen our fans picking IU this high in a long time as well.  I have seen people say if things go right, we could finish like 5th in the conference, so I don't every see a pattern of optimism. 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I haven't seen all of these prognosticators pick IU this high in a preseason poll in years. What pattern of optimism are you talking about?  I also haven't seen our fans picking IU this high in a long time as well.  I have seen people say if things go right, we could finish like 5th in the conference, so I don't every see a pattern of optimism. 

You've got a short memory.  Last couple of years, we had plenty of forum predictions of at least 23 wins.