Players declaring for the draft

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We are all doing that.  Every last one of us.  And they are "using" our interest to get their education paid for while they are hopefully building a chance for a pro career.

And oh yeah, also using our interest to hopefully pull in some 6 figure NIL deals along the way too.

The original comment was "makes things harder for IU in the off season". 

It doesnt. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am truly sorry you haven't been able to watch the college game while it has been it's best. If you actually think today's college game is remotely better today than it was in the 80's and 90's then I don't know what to tell you.

Scott... idgaf. 

I really would just prefer to talk about the topic at hand for once. Don't care about the 70s, 80s, 90s, hell idc what happened last night. 

Over talking about stupid hypotheticals. Get past 1975. 

Jesus. 

Anyways... good for TJD. He's a stud. Figure out if you have a fit in the NBA fella, if not, we gotta roster spot open for ya. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Scott... idgaf. 

I really would just prefer to talk about the topic at hand for once. Don't care about the 70s, 80s, 90s, hell idc what happened last night. 

Jesus. 

Anyways... good for TJD. He's a stud. Figure out if you have a fit in the NBA fella, if not, we gotta roster spot open for ya. 

So you’re the guy in the commercial talking in acronyms 😛

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Scott... idgaf. 

Jesus. 

Not in 75 but it was good up until about 2008.  Everybody talked about how great the championship game was this year and it was good.  They talked about the fast pace and the tempo yet the score was 72-69. UNC shot 31 percent and KU shot 43 percent. For comparison in 1987 IU and Syracuse shot 48 percent. IU shot 67 percent from 3 and Syracuse was 40 percent.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not in 75 but it was good up until about 2008.  Everybody talked about how great the championship game was this year and it was good.  They talked about the fast pace and the tempo yet the score was 72-69. UNC shot 31 percent and KU shot 43 percent. For comparison in 1987 IU and Syracuse shot 48 percent. IU shot 67 percent from 3 and Syracuse was 40 percent.

No one cares

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The two thoughts can exist on the same plane.  I understand why he is doing what he is doing, I can say good luck.  I can also say that this type of thing is kind of a pain from a fan and IU program perspective as well.

This whole "selfish" thing, give me a break.  None of these guys is part of my family and I really have nothing for them outside of their attachment to the program if we are being honest. Are you following Justin Smith's career path?  He put in 3 years as a Hoosier too IIRC and decided it was best for his career to go someplace else too.  I can wish them well but I have not personally talked to an IU player since I was on campus in the late 90's and early 2000's.  Al Durham put in for the draft, you all sending positive ju-ju his way?  Some of you guys act like discussing how this decision timeframe kind of sucks for the program is an affront to a guy who A)is likely not reading here B)has no idea who the majority of us are and C)could give a rat's behind about our opinion anyway.

The timeline sucks.  That isn't Trayce's fault, he is operating within the rules and is doing what is best for him.  Good for him.  That doesn't mean that the rule doean't kind of suck and could lead to less enjoyment for all of us next year.  

Selfish is just nonsense. By that logic Trayce is being selfish by robbing me of potential enjoyment of watching IU games next year.  

The very minute interaction I have with the players is transactional.  I am just willing to admit it.

Yes, I hope Justin Smith and Al Durham have nice professional careers and will follow both of them about as close as I do any IU player. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nova and KU combined to shoot 26-55 from 3. 

Both teams hit 13 3s. 

Indiana was 2/6 from 3 against LSU in the E8 in 1987!! 

Whats this all mean? WHO CARES!!!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You care more about a basketball program than what is best for Trayce, the person. 

I myself watched my first IU game in 1982. I've had my favorites and guys that I wished would've never came to the program. I don't wish ill will on anyone especially a teenager/early 20's that hasn't really lived as an adult yet. In saying that, the members of a team that have accepted a free education and now get paid to be in the public eye; being scrutinized is a fair trade off. 

I care more about the program and its success than I do Trayce Jackson-Davis. He'll be fine. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ba43056 said:

I myself watched my first IU game in 1982. I've had my favorites and guys that I wished would've never came to the program. I don't wish ill will on anyone especially a teenager/early 20's that hasn't really lived as an adult yet. In saying that, the members of a team that have accepted a free education and now get paid to be in the public eye; being scrutinized is a fair trade off. 

I care more about the program and its success than I do Trayce Jackson-Davis. He'll be fine. 

No one said they’re above scrutiny, did they?

What is college, and college sports, for if not to propel and prepare young people for success in life?

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not quite sure what this says Scott, but you keep on living in the past 

Some of you guys are so easy to mess with. I know what buttons to push with some of you guys. I know you hate when I talk about the past so I am bored so I just keep pushing.  I believe in everything I say but I know when to stop pushing but sometimes it is fun watching some of you react.  There is nothing on today and I am bored so this is my entertainment.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because I don't know them personally and I am a fan of teams and not individuals.

I don’t have to know someone personally to care about them.

Remember how many people that have never met you personally cared about you the past two years through all your struggles?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Nova and KU combined to shoot 26-55 from 3. 

Both teams hit 13 3s. 

Indiana was 2/6 from 3 against LSU in the E8 in 1987!! 

Whats this all mean? WHO CARES!!!!!

IU still scored 77 points which is the point that scoring is down.  In the 6 games in the 87 tournament IU scored 93, 107, 88, 77, 97 and 74 without relying on the 3. The point is the offensive philosophy today just is not entertaining.

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

3 pt line was also 4 inches closer and the athleticism improvements over the years makes defenses much more difficult to break down and for many years it was filled with upperclassman…21-22 year old men…not 18-19 teens. Definitely a different game…but doesn’t mean the game is not good now…or enjoyable…problem for me is I watch IU and it’s just IU has been bad…but watched lots of other high level teams and there is plenty to enjoy.

• Like 1