Players declaring for the draft

26 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Kofi signed w an agent and is headed to the NBA. 

Losing Plummer and Frazier were big losses and now Kofi, it could be a little rough for the Illini next season. 

I think they are losing 5 of their top 7 scorers. Also Payne is in the portal.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Losing Plummer and Frazier were big losses and now Kofi, it could be a little rough for the Illini next season. 

I think they are losing 5 of their top 7 scorers. Also Payne is in the portal.

Payne signed with Jacksonville...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Now if only DICKinson would decide to bolt. Unfortunately unlikely though.

You think so? I've always thought he would go and Diabate and possibly Houstan would be back at Michigan.

Dickinson showed the ability to hit the 3 (33% this year) and I thought that might be enough to at least get him on some draft boards...

Kofi is a weird one in terms of next level. There aren't any players in the league with his physical presence.....but my man still hasn't learned how to play high ball screen defense since Loyola loss. Somewhere there has to be role for a guy like that but everything we read says no way. 

Either way wish the kid well. He actually seems like a likeable kid. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You think so? I've always thought he would go and Diabate and possibly Houstan would be back at Michigan.

Dickinson showed the ability to hit the 3 (33% this year) and I thought that might be enough to at least get him on some draft boards...

Of the UM 3 I thought Diabate was the most likely to leave.  If all 3 are back I think they are the clear #1 team in the big ten and after that I can see us being #2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Of the UM 3 I thought Diabate was the most likely to leave.  If all 3 are back I think they are the clear #1 team in the big ten and after that I can see us being #2

I haven’t looked in a while but last time I did Diabate was a top 15 pick.  Probably has changed some 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kofi is a weird one in terms of next level. There aren't any players in the league with his physical presence.....but my man still hasn't learned how to play high ball screen defense since Loyola loss. Somewhere there has to be role for a guy like that but everything we read says no way. 

Either way wish the kid well. He actually seems like a likeable kid. 

Kofi would get eaten alive in the NBA in every imaginable way. 

• Like 1