2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

19 hours ago, Indykev said:

So Dad's AAU program is now a pipeline to his kid, where ever he is coaching? Stay away from IE.

Not exactly that. They helped get the kid to the United States so it's one of those types of situations that happen at times with kids coming to the States as HS kids from overseas. IE is clearly not just funneling kids to Bradley. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2022 at 10:57 AM, DC2345 said:

Not exactly that. They helped get the kid to the United States so it's one of those types of situations that happen at times with kids coming to the States as HS kids from overseas. IE is clearly not just funneling kids to Bradley. 

I thought the name sounded familiar. Drew Adams is the son of Mark Adams, the guy behind A-Hope and the reason Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Peter Jurkin were suspended to start their Indiana careers. Drew was also director of operations briefly at the start of the Crean era, before being hired for the same position at Alford's New Mexico. FWIW.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 9:24 PM, Coach Robby said:

6’10 2024 kokomo sophomore who made semi state this year. Will be biggest blow up of spring/summer next 2 years. Foreign exchange program at kokomo. No offer from iu (or anybody else) but that will change soon 

Well hell, I’m gonna show my wife I was right at something!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I’ll throw a late Wednesday night random thought….what if we hire Adams on staff when Kenya Hunter becomes a head coach in the next 2 years? 

I don't really like the idea of hiring an assistant just for a single recruit. Especially one who might be there for only one season. I also think IU can pick up a better assistant than Adams in the case of Hunter leaving.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

But does Woody?

I would think probably not. It would greatly change the power dynamic between him and the recruit. He would also be filling a vital role (assistant coach) with someone that might not be as good as someone else he could get. It just seems like it wouldn't be good from a culture standpoint. 

But I'm just guessing. I don't know Woodson's mind and I've never even met him. It just seems like it's not a good move unless that recruit is a sure thing that could lead the team to a NC, like Danny Manning.

I'm hoping that Hunter will be here for a while, though, so this would be all moot. He might be tough to retain, however.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, Hoosier51 said:

Maybe he is at the dirt track there looking to buy a sprint car. He isn't a threat to win anything in college basketball anymore so he might be looking to change his profession.

As someone who’s kid runs sprint cars at Kokomo, I’d let Calipari pay my racing bills.  

• Like 3