2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

We offered today. We’re officially in the fight!

Guessing something was said to coaching staffs about his recruitment that changed things. Too coincidental  that both IU and Purdue offered today. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see someone like Bruce Pearl add Drew Adams and Flory goes to Auburn lol. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Guessing something was said to coaching staffs about his recruitment that changed things. Too coincidental  that both IU and Purdue offered today. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see someone like Bruce Pearl add Drew Adams and Flory goes to Auburn lol. 

Smart. And 100% legal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Drew adams will replace whichever of IU asst. That leaves for a head coaching gig, then Fiory goes to IU

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Drew adams will replace whichever of IU asst. That leaves for a head coaching gig, then Fiory goes to IU

Rather keep our current assistant coaches.  I am not a fan of hiring a coach just to get 1 player especially for a player who won't be at your  school long.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You must be dead on.  Staffs must have been told this young man isn't going to Bradley, play ball.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Full disclosure. I work with Drews step mom. He is not some guy new to the coaching scene who happens to have a recruit.  He has been an assistant coach all ready at a few stops (you can research it) and has been doing the grind for years.  His current position has been a complete rebuild of a program and resulted in 2 consecutive MVC conference championships in 19 and 20...i think.  Here is a direct quote "Following the 2019-20 campaign, Adams was voted as one of the top five assistant coaches in the Missouri Valley Conference, while also earning Top 50 Most Impactful Mid Major Assistants distinction from Silver Waves Media in both 2020 and 2022." Yes he has connections, which is good but that is not the only reason he is currently an assistant nor would it be the only reason he moves up the ranks.  Does it help, certainly.

• Like 2

Just now, HoosierJon said:

Full disclosure. I work with Drews step mom. He is not some guy new to the coaching scene who happens to have a recruit.  He has been an assistant coach all ready at a few stops (you can research it) and has been doing the grind for years.  His current position has been a complete rebuild of a program and resulted in 2 consecutive MVC conference championships in 19 and 20...i think.  Here is a direct quote "Following the 2019-20 campaign, Adams was voted as one of the top five assistant coaches in the Missouri Valley Conference, while also earning Top 50 Most Impactful Mid Major Assistants distinction from Silver Waves Media in both 2020 and 2022." Yes he has connections, which is good but that is not the only reason he is currently an assistant nor would it be the only reason he moves up the ranks.  Does it help, certainly.

Was he part of the A-Hope thing that Hanner Perea was involved with? Can’t remember all of the details but didn’t some shady stuff go down with stuff with A-Hope?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Was he part of the A-Hope thing that Hanner Perea was involved with? Can’t remember all of the details but didn’t some shady stuff go down with stuff with A-Hope?

I honestly cant remember.  He may have been gone by then but I am not certain.  I will ask next time I see her.  

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nothing shady unless you consider being a underprivileged kid's guardian and giving them a laptop for school. That kid then goes to a school where the guardian was deemed a booster for making a few small donations and receiving some bumper stickers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Good post.

I also read somewhere that we're recruiting (at least looking at) three of his players, not just Flory. 

Mark Adams is the dad, Drew is the son. Mark Adams is the director of Indiana Elite and also runs the A-Hope foundation which sponsors international students coming to the states and helps with securement of visa, schooling, and things like that. 

IU has been recruiting Indiana Elite for years and its an AAU program that has produced more than a dozen Indiana players over the years. Raleigh Burgess and Travis Perry are current 2024 recruits who play with Flory on Indiana Elite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nothing shady, just the NCAA being archaic.

Mark Adams became legal guardians (through A-Hope) to Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin came when they came to the states. Because Adams had once donated to Indiana in the late 80's in order to secure an Indiana license plate, he became a booster. The NCAA decided that Adams, because of his booster status in the 80's, gave impermissible benefits to recruits (Perea and Jurkin) when he bought them laptops for schooling. I think both players had to sit out 9 or 10 games their freshman year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Nothing shady, just the NCAA being archaic.

Mark Adams became legal guardians (through A-Hope) to Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin came when they came to the states. Because Adams had once donated to Indiana in the late 80's in order to secure an Indiana license plate, he became a booster. The NCAA decided that Adams, because of his booster status in the 80's, gave impermissible benefits to recruits (Perea and Jurkin) when he bought them laptops for schooling. I think both players had to sit out 9 or 10 games their freshman year. 

I think it was scott Drew that pushed it. He was mad about losing Hanner. I believe IU/Crean self reported it. Probably should’ve fought it. The NCAA was a paper tiger even back then. 

• Like 2