2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

46 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I think it was scott Drew that pushed it. He was mad about losing Hanner. I believe IU/Crean self reported it. Probably should’ve fought it. The NCAA was a paper tiger even back then. 

100 percent accurate.  Parr of the reason why Drew would not be considered as a legit option at IU

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just talked with him at Finish line in Castleton.  Very polite young man told him he would look great in a Hoosier uniform 

His guardian said right now winning a state title is all that he is focused on

Ok...so I have to connect the dots here. John Peckinpaugh is his coach right? That name rings large in the Muncie/East Central Indiana area if same family? Insurance and other things.

My only concern with this kid is this quote. Haha.

"John is one of those rare basketball coaches that is born to be a leader in our game.  He has an incredible understanding as it relates to the game of basketball.  More importantly, John has an uncanny ability to relate to people. He's a relentless recruiter and will do what he says he's going to do.  John is a teacher, a winner and a valuable role model to young men."  
- Dane Fife, Assistant Men's Basketball Coach – Michigan State University.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok...so I have to connect the dots here. John Peckinpaugh is his coach right? That name rings large in the Muncie/East Central Indiana area if same family? Insurance and other things.

My only concern with this kid is this quote. Haha.

"John is one of those rare basketball coaches that is born to be a leader in our game.  He has an incredible understanding as it relates to the game of basketball.  More importantly, John has an uncanny ability to relate to people. He's a relentless recruiter and will do what he says he's going to do.  John is a teacher, a winner and a valuable role model to young men."  
- Dane Fife, Assistant Men's Basketball Coach – Michigan State University.

Correct on Peckinpaugh.  Same family.  He was coaching at a small college in West Virginia at the time of that quote I think.  Spent one year, maybe two, at Noblesville and then went up to Kokomo.  I believe his wife is the head girls hoops coach at Kokomo.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...