2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

https://247sports.com/player/liam-mcneeley-46103856/ 

McNeeley is as versatile as they come in the 2024 class. He has the handle and feel to initiate an offense through pressure and with his textbook shooting stroke, he has the capability to be a knockdown three-point shooter at a high level. But the best area of his game is his passing as his vision is way above average and he is willing to find the open man. He is unselfish to a fault, but his aggression as a scorer will come as he gains more confidence in his game. McNeeley is an extreme talent with a high IQ who is only just beginning to tap into his upside.

Edited by Between2Halls
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

He’s using one of his junior year visits.  He’s honestly one of the top guys I want out of who we are recruiting.  Point forward skills.  Motor.  Plays tough.  Good length and frame for a wing.  Skilled.  (I haven’t seen him play but I’m going off what I read).

Read all the quotes from the recruits.  IU’s staff targets their favorites and they work their asses off.  That takes organizational skill to be at the right places and then commitment and effort.  I am optimistic about our staff in a way I haven’t been in forever.  Big shout out to Brian Walsh.  That young man has the it factor.  He was a great hire.  Recruits like him, good personality and attitude, and tremendous work ethic.  It’s obvious recruits like him.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2024-iu-basketball-5-star-target-liam-mcneeley-plans-to-take-an-official-visit/

Imagine some interchangeable, switchable 3 and 4 positions with guys like Banks, Power, and McNeely.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s using one of his junior year visits.  He’s honestly one of the top guys I want out of who we are recruiting.  Point forward skills.  Motor.  Plays tough.  Good length and frame for a wing.  Skilled.  (I haven’t seen him play but I’m going off what I read).

Read all the quotes from the recruits.  IU’s staff targets their favorites and they work their asses off.  That takes organizational skill to be at the right places and then commitment and effort.  I am optimistic about our staff in a way I haven’t been in forever.  Big shout out to Brian Walsh.  That young man has the it factor.  He was a great hire.  Recruits like him, good personality and attitude, and tremendous work ethic.  It’s obvious recruits like him.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2024-iu-basketball-5-star-target-liam-mcneeley-plans-to-take-an-official-visit/

Imagine some interchangeable, switchable 3 and 4 positions with guys like Banks, Power, and McNeely.  

When Woodson was hired, a real concern was whether or not he would be able to recruit in today's environment. I think he is answering that question quite nicely. Not only can he recruit, but he has assembled a strong staff to support that effort. Everyone is working towards the same goal. Impressive!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The only stats I found on him:

18 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists per game.  Good all-around player.

45% from the field overall.  Thought this would be higher for a 5-star recruit.

37% from three.  Not terrible, but not a sharpshooter.  Has time to improve.

80% free throws.  Yay. 

I believe these were from his high school season.  Anyone know how he's done this summer?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 6:14 PM, Madison22 said:

The only stats I found on him:

18 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists per game.  Good all-around player.

45% from the field overall.  Thought this would be higher for a 5-star recruit.

37% from three.  Not terrible, but not a sharpshooter.  Has time to improve.

80% free throws.  Yay. 

I believe these were from his high school season.  Anyone know how he's done this summer?

Actually 37% is good for a 3/4. Means you must guard him. If a team shoots 37% from 3 overall is good for top 10. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

This is only the 3rd recruit thread I have started. So far I’m 50/50. The other two were Tamar Bates and Jeremy Fears. Hopefully this puts me 2 for 3 for the good guys. 

i know this doesn’t matter, but I also had 666 posts before this one so…..🤓😂

925664525_church-lady(1).gif.738aaa68f5e4accd1637e63831f01b30.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Tons of skill for his size but doesn’t flash crazy athleticism for a 5 star 

Robbie Hummel 2.0 😳🤢😡

I'd take a Robbie Hummel all day long. Injuries derailed what could've been an even better career. He wasn't going to throw down highlight reel dunks on people, but he moved very well and really understood the game. 

• Like 2