What are Your Favorite Things to Discuss on HSN?

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Was he just a role player though? He was the 2nd leading scorer on that team (not counting JBJ since he only played the early part of the season). 

I didn’t realize that honestly. The seasons kinda run together once you get back far enough. I didn't want to make it sound like TW didn’t make contributions to the teams, but he also was never the man. Obviously still a really good player that was able to play professionally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Bad Troy was a role player.  Good Troy was a valuable member of the team.  

Good Troy was the 2nd leading scorer , tied for leading rebounder, tied for steals leader and 3rd in assists on a Big Ten Title team that beat UK en route to a Sweet Sixteen. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I didn’t realize that honestly. The seasons kinda run together once you get back far enough. I didn't want to make it sound like TW didn’t make contributions to the teams, but he also was never the man. Obviously still a really good player that was able to play professionally.

He actually tied for the team lead in rebounding and steals too. He was a legit difference maker on that team. 

Edit: Just looked it up, Troy joined Bryant on the 3rd Team All-Big Ten that year too. 

• Like 1

Well, I can’t answer this because what I would really like to discuss is @5fouls ex-wives.

Similarities and differences

Do they talk amongst themselves?

Have they moved on, or are they still working through the trauma of being married to said 5fouls?

What don’t we know about him? What skeletons exist in the closet?

Are ther really multiple ex-wives or is this all a figment of a perverted imagination?

These are the topics that this board doesn’t address and that inquiring minds want to know about.

Forget about the new Kardashian show. Fouls in real life should be must discuss fodder here😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Once we know the complete roster, I enjoy discussing lineups and minute distribution.  Before the roster is finalized, I struggle to get engaged.  Just too much unknown.  

I’m surprised to hear this.  With all of the ex-wives I figured you’d be good at this :coffee:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Troy Williams' TOV% in that Sweet Sixteen year - 19.1

Jordan Geronimo's TOV% this year - 19.1

It’s certainly a give and take with him. You could argue that in Woodson’s offense he would have less turnovers, no? Obviously hypothetical but Crean’s teams were always bad with turnovers.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, I can’t answer this because what I would really like to discuss is @5fouls ex-wives.

Similarities and differences

Do they talk amongst themselves?

Have they moved on, or are they still working through the trauma of being married to said 5fouls?

What don’t we know about him? What skeletons exist in the closet?

Are ther really multiple ex-wives or is this all a figment of a perverted imagination?

These are the topics that this board doesn’t address and that inquiring minds want to know about.

Forget about the new Kardashian show. Fouls in real life should be must discuss fodder here😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

#1 - Sweet person.  Deserved better than me.  Still on good terms.

#2 - Look up the definition of b*tch in the dictionary

#3 - Fun loving person, but my salary could not keep up with her spending habits.

#4 - In Federal Prison

#5 - Would take her back if she would have me.

#6 & #8 - Decided they liked each other better and are now a couple.  

#7 - Her hot sister was my downfall

#9 - A night in Las Vegas gone bad.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Troy Williams' TOV% in that Sweet Sixteen year - 19.1

Jordan Geronimo's TOV% this year - 19.1

TW could also keep the ball infront of him and had 70 assists in 900 mins compared to JGs 9 assists in 430 mins. 

And Troy's usage was 5-6% higher then JGs. 

• Like 4

Great topic.  Let’s be honest, our threads sway around quite a bit.  I like it that way.  I think our group has a lot in common and I’m happy to talk about a variety of things.  You brought up mowing.  I can talk about that.  I didn’t like it as a kid (it was a chore!), then I appreciated it as a young adult especially early in the season. The smell of freshly cut grass and the beautiful look of a yard.  Now, I’m done with it again lol. 

I just wrote that to illustrate the point.  I think the members “get” each other and we can meander around various topics.  There’s no way we can talk about stretch fours or deflection counts 12 months of a year.  If someone not interested in message boards visited us, they’d probably think, how on earth do they keep talking ball?  They don’t get it.  We’ve been together for awhile and we keep it going by chatting about a variety of things, IMO.  We have a number of things in common as a group.  We are like the Cheers of message boards.  “Good evening everybody”.  “Norm!”

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

Just now, btownqb said:

TW could also keep the ball infront of him and had 70 assists in 900 mins compared to JGs 9 assists in 430 mins. 

And Troy's usage was 5-6% higher then JGs. 

LOL.  I was waiting for someone to bring up Usage.  I knew it was a problem for my argument.  I looked it up just in case and decided not to share.  For the record, Williams was 26.4% that year, Geronimo 19.6% this year.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

#1 - Sweet person.  Deserved better than me.  Still on good terms.

#2 - Look up the definition of b*tch in the dictionary

#3 - Fun loving person, but my salary could not keep up with her spending habits.

#4 - In Federal Prison

#5 - Would take her back if she would have me.

#6 & #8 - Decided they liked each other better and are now a couple.  

#7 - Her hot sister was my downfall

#9 - A night in Las Vegas gone bad.  

So, this may address the idea that some of the exes talk to each other.😁

Appears that some have moved on… not sure Fouls has.

#7 kinda confirms the perverted imagination theory

Still haven’t fleshed out the whole skeleton concept 

Would need a professional, i.e. therapist interpretation of this to verify that this isn’t all a figment of a guy who idolizes Hugh Hefner😁😁😁😁

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great topic.  Let’s be honest, our threads sway around quite a bit.  I like it that way.  I think our group has a lot in common and I’m happy to talk about a variety of things.  You brought up mowing.  I can talk about that.  I didn’t like it as a kid (it was a chore!), then I appreciated it as a young adult especially early in the season. The smell of freshly cut grass and the beautiful look of a yard.  Now, I’m done with it again lol. 

I just wrote that to illustrate the point.  I think the members “get” each other and we can meander around various topics.  There’s no way we can talk about stretch fours or deflection counts 12 months of a year.  If someone not interested in message boards visited us, they’d probably think, how on earth do they keep talking ball?  They don’t get it.  We’ve been together for awhile and we keep it going by chatting about a variety of things, IMO.  We have a number of things in common as a group.  We are like the Cheers of message boards.  “Good evening everybody”.  “Norm!”

I have goats

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

LOL.  I was waiting for someone to bring up Usage.  I knew it was a problem for my argument.  I looked it up just in case and decided not to share.  For the record, Williams was 26.4% that year, Geronimo 19.6% this year.   

What is your argument though? JG has accomplished literally nothing compared to Troy Williams at this point. 

Williams averaged 13ppg and 7.4 rpg on 46% from 3 his sophomore year and then was 3rd Team All-Big Ten and the 2nd leading scorer on a Big Ten Title winning team his junior year. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What is your argument though? JG has accomplished literally nothing compared to Troy Williams at this point. 

Williams averaged 13ppg and 7.4 rpg on 46% from 3 his sophomore year and then was 3rd Team All-Big Ten and the 2nd leading scorer on a Big Ten Title winning team his junior year. 

My argument is

• Haha 1