2023 Brady Dunlap

IUFLA

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Very good. I saw him mentioned with IU on Twitter a few weeks ago and forgot his name for awhile.  From what I saw, he looks very, very interesting for us.  

PS. I believe his first name is Brady in case you can change the subject line. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

Not joking, if you Google image search "2023 Bradley Dunlap" one of the top results is this:

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/uploads/monthly_2019_04/Screenshot_20190410-070303_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16023d811a639a1498ab835352a28dda.jpg

I gotta say, the guy looks a little rough.  But maybe that's what IU needs.  A shooter who will walk on to the court with a black eye and a cig hanging from his mouth.

Edited by Madison22
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Different classes and plays a different position so we can get both of them.  Evans is more of a perimeter big and Reneau is a low post player.

I understand Reneau is 22 (which is why I said "this year") and Evans is in the 23 class (which you were commenting on)...

Reneau is not going to be a 5...not in the Big 10 he's not...if he can't expand his perimeter game, he'll be a 4 like Race has been...Evans will be a classic stretch 4...

But my comment wasn't about position, it was more about talent and ceiling...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jay edwards brother said:

How about a 2023 class of Gabe Cupps, Jakai Newton, Brady Dunlap, and Arrinten Page??

Love that class.  

Bleep it, let’s get one of the Cali wings, Dunlap or Stojakovic, plus get Rolf right now.  We could have enough shooting we can look back on the recent past and just laugh when we couldn’t stretch the floor consistently or even hit key free throws.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Different classes and plays a different position so we can get both of them.  Evans is more of a perimeter big and Reneau is a low post player.

Carr is another we’ve got a good shot at.  Based on who we are chasing hard, we may end up with a five man class.  How you get there, I have no idea but I am not going to worry about it.  Take ‘22.  I think we end up with five and that would have been hard to visualize six months ago.  

Basically you might have Race, Kopp, and XJ.  Maybe Dennis if he comes for a year.  That would require only one wild card which is a darn good bet.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

31 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Carr is another we’ve got a good shot at.  Based on who we are chasing hard, we may end up with a five man class.  How you get there, I have no idea but I am not going to worry about it.  Take ‘22.  I think we end up with five and that would have been hard to visualize six months ago.  

Basically you might have Race, Kopp, and XJ.  Maybe Dennis if he comes for a year.  That would require only one wild card which is a darn good bet.  

Say TJD comes back and we get Dennis we would have 5 seniors in TJD,Race,XJ,Kopp and Dennis giving us a 5 man class for 2023

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • IUFLA changed the title to 2023 Brady Dunlap
  • 3 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 4:06 PM, Madison22 said:

Not joking, if you Google image search "2023 Bradley Dunlap" one of the top results is this:

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/uploads/monthly_2019_04/Screenshot_20190410-070303_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16023d811a639a1498ab835352a28dda.jpg

I gotta say, the guy looks a little rough.  But maybe that's what IU needs.  A shooter who will walk on to the court with a black eye and a cig hanging from his mouth.

We had one in '02. Lil red headed guy...had a dirty 30 of busch lite with him too. 

• Haha 3