DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows what the future holds, but I think we are about to be a powerhouse again, a major pain in the butt to the rest of the college landscape, and are likely to be a serious player for big time recruits.  An offer from IU will really be difficult for 5 stars to turn down.  Moving forward we will not be a long shot to land any kid.  

3 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Who knows what the future holds, but I think we are about to be a powerhouse again, a major pain in the butt to the rest of the college landscape, and are likely to be a serious player for big time recruits.  An offer from IU will really be difficult for 5 stars to turn down.  Moving forward we will not be a long shot to land any kid.  

Doesn't it feel great typing that? About to be a powerhouse again. Serious player for big time recruits. The last time I think we collectively felt this way was when Sampson was here, but many of us weren't fans of him, his past transgressions, and/or the type of kid he seemed to be recruiting. Thankfully, with Archie, its seems we will get the good without the bad. 

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Doesn't it feel great typing that? About to be a powerhouse again. Serious player for big time recruits. The last time I think we collectively felt this way was when Sampson was here, but many of us weren't fans of him, his past transgressions, and/or the type of kid he seemed to be recruiting. Thankfully, with Archie, its seems we will get the good without the bad. 

It does feel good. I feel way better about things.

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Family pipeline there though and it's an hour from home. One thing that might help us...he wants to go into sports broadcasting after playing days are over. Anyone know of a school has a pretty good sports journalism/broadcasting /media program for undergrads? 

Michigan...

New Rabjohns article about Carton

He talked about his six finalists and what he likes about each school.

Later in the article, Carton also talked about how he feels IU has made him a priority since they started recruiting him last fall.

He says, "They've told me I can be one of the guys that helps them win their next National Championship. They've really communicated that to me."

Romeo Langford also came up in the interview, Carton said, "I feel like that can have a big impact... They have really good recruits. I feel like when a player like that commits, you can get a lot of people around him."

As for visits, "He definitely want's to go see Indiana again," his mother, Jennifer Carton, said. "He wants to go to Michigan again to see the campus. Those are the two priorities. If there's time, he'd like to go to Ohio State one more time."

"We like the environment, the winning tradition. Indiana is such a basketball school." - Jennifer Carton

As far as a decision timetable, "That will be up to DJ, whatever he needs. Originally we thought fall, but as the process went along, we thought maybe sooner. He does want it to be before his senior year."

On 5/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Been my concern since his first visit. What situation looks more enticing. Potential of sharing with DG and RP or going to Michigan and immediate playing time? Playing time reigns supreme. 

Still feel the same with him as I did earlier in the week. Hopefully we can impress again after his visit. 

I still think Michigan and it has nothing to do with what we have to offer. If there is one good thing which I guess could also be a bad thing is that he wants to decide before school starts. Good is that he could spring for us and doesn't care about crowded PG spot. Bad is that he could spring for Michigan because of potentially crowded PG spot. 

Won’t be too upset if we lose this guy to Michigan.  Not that I wouldn’t love to get him, but Michigan is going to be tough to recruit against going forward after their second national title game in six seasons. I think Beilein’s recruiting is gonna take a big step up.  Honestly will be good for the Big Ten if that happens.

20 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Won’t be too upset if we lose this guy to Michigan.  Not that I wouldn’t love to get him, but Michigan is going to be tough to recruit against going forward after their second national title game in six seasons. I think Beilein’s recruiting is gonna take a big step up.  Honestly will be good for the Big Ten if that happens.

I could deal with indiana and Michigan dominating the Big Ten conference for awhile. 

Archived