DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

Anyone with insider information ever curious if any of the writers/site content guys ever are contacted by our staff to help out with a few articles. Reason I ask is this.

DJ Carton is on record as saying he wants a career in tv/sports after playing is done. Anyway Victor was on tv providing analysis,etc...before Caps Stanley Cup title game. Did a great job. Poised, succinct,etc.... and Rabjohns tweeted how much his time at IU prepared him for career in tv/sports tv after playing days are done. It almost seemed like it was comment made specifically for Carton because of his desire to do this after playing days are over.

Probably reading into things but just made me curious how often a staff will reach out to their media guys/girls for articles/comments. 

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 official visits scheduled. Michigan June 27/28 and we get that weekend of 29th it sounds like on twitter. No other officials scheduled. I still think Michigan because of almost guaranteed playing time right away but this staff has shocked me so far on how well they've done. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

2 official visits scheduled. Michigan June 27/28 and we get that weekend of 29th it sounds like on twitter. No other officials scheduled. I still think Michigan because of almost guaranteed playing time right away but this staff has shocked me so far on how well they've done. 

New video interview on Peegs with Carton.

Although mostly IU questions, Carton didn't sound like a Michigan lean to me.

Mentioned he has gotten a chance over time to speak to some of the younger guys at IU including Romeo, and Victor Oladipo on his last visit.

He also referred to Oladipo as one of his favorite players. 

Carton also was asked what the impact is of having a coach who played his same position in Archie Miller recruiting him, he noted that he felt it was pretty important and it definitely helps having a coach that knows where you're coming from that also understands what it's like in your shoes.

When DJ spoke about Michigan in the interview he mentioned that the staff was on him pretty hard and that he was looking forward to getting back up there to see the campus as the first time around he went for a football game and didn't get a chance to see the rest of the place.

Carton will take official visits to Michigan and Indiana late this month and has no more visits scheduled as of right now beyond that.

As far as a decision, Carton said that because his schedule will be so busy soon, to get all the visits he wanted in he would probably have to decide a little later than maybe first thought and is shooting for October.

Carton, Ramsey, Keion, and Trayce would give us a 68.30 score on the class calculator which would likely rank us somewhere between 3-5. Obviously this is just for fun and we haven’t even landed a single one of them yet but it’s juicy to think about and not really all that far fetched. 

I know he said that in the video but I'll be very surprised if this lasts to October. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked one bit if the timing was moved up. Everything I keep hearing is before school starts. I do want to say that's pretty good to hear Victor is doing his part to help us out. Could be the little nudge we need because I've always thought Michigan and I still do.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

New video interview on Peegs with Carton.

Although mostly IU questions, Carton didn't sound like a Michigan lean to me.

Mentioned he has gotten a chance over time to speak to some of the younger guys at IU including Romeo, and Victor Oladipo on his last visit.

He also referred to Oladipo as one of his favorite players. 

Carton also was asked what the impact is of having a coach who played his same position in Archie Miller recruiting him, he noted that he felt it was pretty important and it definitely helps having a coach that knows where you're coming from that also understands what it's like in your shoes.

When DJ spoke about Michigan in the interview he mentioned that the staff was on him pretty hard and that he was looking forward to getting back up there to see the campus as the first time around he went for a football game and didn't get a chance to see the rest of the place.

Carton will take official visits to Michigan and Indiana late this month and has no more visits scheduled as of right now beyond that.

As far as a decision, Carton said that because his schedule will be so busy soon, to get all the visits he wanted in he would probably have to decide a little later than maybe first thought and is shooting for October.

Thanks for all the updates! Much appreciated!

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know he said that in the video but I'll be very surprised if this lasts to October. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked one bit if the timing was moved up. Everything I keep hearing is before school starts. I do want to say that's pretty good to hear Victor is doing his part to help us out. Could be the little nudge we need because I've always thought Michigan and I still do.

Dang I want this kid bad! Him with TJD and KBJ geez that would be special! 

15 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Dang I want this kid bad! Him with TJD and KBJ geez that would be special! 

I'll just say this. If Archie closes this one. I will officially remove myself from the worrying part about recruiting. I'll still be excited and follow the ebbs and flows...but certainly won't be on pins/needles like I have for the Davis/Sampson/Crean regimes. 

I think we should be able to land a high quality guard in this class.  Romeo is almost certainly one and done so that guy will be splitting minutes with only Phinesee and Green.  He may not be guaranteed a starting spot but he's probably getting 20 mins as a freshman.  Then Green will graduate.  There's plenty of PT to be had for whomever wants to commit.  I'm really hoping for Carton.

Latest interview from DJC in today's daily update.  It is from a Michigan dude so it is slanted that way but it gives you a good perspective on where he is.  I find it hard to believe that he would have scheduled Michigan and IU first with no clear idea on when he'll be able to squeeze in the others unless IU and Michigan were the favorites.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-free-iu-coverage-and-recruiting-news-06-20/

Archived