DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

No one can accuse this kid of being unavailable.  There are two more new video interviews here.

By my count I've got UNC, Duke, Kansas and Wichita State all trying to get in here late.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-free-iu-coverage-and-recruiting-news-06-25/

Paging sage Steele 

kid wants to be a sports TV reporter/analyst 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-d-j-carton-louisville-josh-green-vanderbilt

image.png.94023ce18e7c0d1729e447cc2ab90dd5.png

Michigan is definitely a top contender for D.J. Carton, but I wouldn’t say that the Wolverines are the favorite for his commitment.

One of the top lead guard prospects in the 2019 class that has emerged as a must-get for all involved, Carton has narrowed his list of schools to Michigan, Ohio State, Indiana, Xavier, Marquette and Iowa.

He will take his first official visit to Michigan on June 28 and then complete the month at Indiana with another official visit. Those two programs, along with Ohio State, should be seen as heavy contenders. Do not underestimate the in-state Iowa Hawkeyes’ program, either

Many believe that Carton is close to a commitment, but he has been vocal recently about remaining patient with the process.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think we get this kid.  I don't feel it and i think as soon as Duke, UK, and KS start really pushing this kid, he ends up at one of them.  My gut says he isn't buying into us, yet.

I think this season (especially with Romeo) will be a huge deciding factor as to how our 2019 class and on will turn out. If Archie shows improvement and develops our guys like we all think he can then recruits will be lining up. I don't think anyone commits until they see how much progress has been made on the court from last year to this year despite how high they are on IU currently. 

16 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

I think this season (especially with Romeo) will be a huge deciding factor as to how our 2019 class and on will turn out. If Archie shows improvement and develops our guys like we all think he can then recruits will be lining up. I don't think anyone commits until they see how much progress has been made on the court from last year to this year despite how high they are on IU currently. 

Just my opinion. But we received 4 verbals last year from 4 star guys (RP, Damezi, Hunter, Race) before Archie's team showed a thing on the court. By all reports...TJD will be making his decision before we take the court in November. Mostly I would assume because of immediate playing time and how much Morgan developed in 1 season under Archie. 

Just me thinking...but I don't think well have to see another season from our staff before 2019 class takes shape. For the 2020 classes sure...but 2019 will be solidified I think before Thanksgiving.

16 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

If they plan on signing in the fall signing period they won't be able to see how our team plays since it is in November.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If they plan on signing in the fall signing period they won't be able to see how our team plays since it is in November.

This is the main reason i think we don't get Carton.  He says he plans to make his decision in the fall.  Most likely he doesn't see what IU ad Archie can do this year.  I truly think our 2020 class could be special if this year turns out the way we hope. 

56 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

This is the main reason i think we don't get Carton.  He says he plans to make his decision in the fall.  Most likely he doesn't see what IU ad Archie can do this year.  I truly think our 2020 class could be special if this year turns out the way we hope. 

Dude, why all the negativity? You also don't think we get TJD either.

Relax and have faith in CAM and the coaching staff!

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

We are battling Fran and Iowa for these recruits, maybe he is hearing strong vibes in Iowa for the Hawkeyes? :coffee:

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I can say have my say and not be negative.  If we don't get a recruit, we don't get them.  My personal opinion is that we miss on both Carton and TJD.  Is it going to be the end of the world?  No.  We will find other players to fill roles and move.  I am personally more invested in what 2020 and beyond produce vs the 2019 class who hasn't seen what a real IU team can with great players and a great coach.  If they go elsewhere so what.

I have faith in CAM.  I Have faith we will have a good year next year.  I have faith that we will get this recruiting train back on track soon.  I just don't have faith its the 2019 class. 

~Jason

Archived