DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I was wondering about that. We seem to do this on every official visit. Maybe Michigan just doesn’t?

I would think as long as the recruit wants to, it's a no-brainer, but if Michigan did it, it's not in his Twitter feed.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I was wondering about that. We seem to do this on every official visit. Maybe Michigan just doesn’t?

Crean never did this either, and I don’t know of any other programs that do.  It seems like such a simple and effective recruiting tactic, I’m not sure why Archie seems to be the only coach that does it.  Good on Arch for being forward-thinking.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ah...mystery solved.  I would have been surprised if Michigan missed that opportunity.

Archie is still doing it better.  Carton’s pic at Michigan is just a cell phone picture of him in the locker room with the jersey on.  We set them up in front of that giant piece of the old floor that’s currently in the front of Assembly Hall, with a professional photographer.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Archie is still doing it better.  Carton’s pic at Michigan is just a cell phone picture of him in the locker room with the jersey on.  We set them up in front of that giant piece of the old floor that’s currently in the front of Assembly Hall, with a professional photographer.

Ah yes...that's much better.  I'll bet Michigan ups their game if Carton is a Hoosier.

I love the variety too. Kid looks great in IU warmups too.

18 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I think they’re coming regardless of Carton. But I believe IU gets all three of them

We have a great shot at getting them anyways but if Carton breaks the ice and commits then it's over. You need that first one to pop though just like last year. 

Trayce and KBJ wanna come but they want to play with good players (Romeo most likely gone and Juwan gone) getting Carton only solidifies that and the direction the program is headed (continuing that momentum)

Carton comes it will be a domino effect. He is the big one to get the ball rolling in 2019 if we can get him to commit in early July. This one is BIG. 

7 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

We have a great shot at getting them anyways but if Carton breaks the ice and commits then it's over. You need that first one to pop though just like last year. 

Trayce and KBJ wanna come but they want to play with good players (Romeo most likely gone and Juwan gone) getting Carton only solidifies that and the direction the program is headed (continuing that momentum)

Carton comes it will be a domino effect. He is the big one to get the ball rolling in 2019 if we can get him to commit in early July. This one is BIG. 

And we’ll find out soon enough. And I believe it will be good news for IU

Archie mentioned last summer he wants to be at the head of the table (like Ohio St in football) as it relates to social media. These photos are just a small sample of that. I expect more and more. I only  wish Marni Mooney was still here. Who she followed on twitter (after official visits) was almost autolock. Anyone know who replaced her?

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Archie mentioned last summer he wants to be at the head of the table (like Ohio St in football) as it relates to social media. These photos are just a small sample of that. I expect more and more. I only  wish Marni Mooney was still here. Who she followed on twitter (after official visits) was almost autolock. Anyone know who replaced her?

I think her replacement was in the video of Deron Davis’ day-to-day at IU that was posted a few weeks ago.  Can’t remember her name now though.

Archived