DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

I just want kids to play for the name on the front of their chest instead of what’s on the back.  NC, KY, Duke, Kansas recruits play for what’s on the back and makes me sick.  Don’t really knock the kids, just don’t want them on this team. Each their own

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I just want kids to play for the name on the front of their chest instead of what’s on the back.  NC, KY, Duke, Kansas recruits play for what’s on the back and makes me sick.  Don’t really knock the kids, just don’t want them on this team. Each their own

With today's kids, wanting them to play for the front you will not get many of the top kids since most are only worried about getting to the NBA.

18 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I'm going to address you directly since, to my knowledge, no one else has.  You are way too impatient and judgmental when it comes to the decisions these kids are faced with.  Don't be so quick to write them off and disparage them when they don't immediately commit to IU when offered.

Romeo wasn't built in a day.

35 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm going to address you directly since, to my knowledge, no one else has.  You are way too impatient and judgmental when it comes to the decisions these kids are faced with.  Don't be so quick to write them off and disparage them when they don't immediately commit to IU when offered.

Romeo wasn't built in a day.

Patience was forgotten when I was wired together at birth, please excuse me.  Just have a deep Hoosier passion and none of these hi profile recruits are bigger than this University, never have and never will.  If Carton wants to be a Hoosier, I will be his biggest fan and if not, we will be just fine.  Thanks for addressing

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

With today's kids, wanting them to play for the front you will not get many of the top kids since most are only worried about getting to the NBA.

How about winning with 4 stars that give their all, aka Villanova?  Do we want to be like KY, Duke or NC or like Villanova?  I want kids who buy in, not who want to be bought out.

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

Patience was forgotten when I was wired together at birth, please excuse me.  Just have a deep Hoosier passion and none of these hi profile recruits are bigger than this University, never have and never will.  If Carton wants to be a Hoosier, I will be his biggest fan and if not, we will be just fine.  Thanks for addressing

I have been a fan for over 40 years and have seen many recruiting battles over the years and most of the guys we have gotten had looked seriously at other schools as well.  Jared Jeffries was set to go to Duke the day before his announcement but changed overnight and picked IU.  With your think Jeffries was not a real Hoosiers since he did not decide to go to IU until the last moment.

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

How about winning with 4 stars that give their all, aka Villanova?  Do we want to be like KY, Duke or NC or like Villanova?  I want kids who buy in, not who want to be bought out.

I want to be like Villanova but they did have two 5 star players on their team last year.  I would also bet those players on Villanova looked at a lot of other schools before deciding on Villanova.  It has been said that Damon Baily really considered hard to not attend IU  and looked at other schools so he must not be a real Hoosier as well.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I want to be like Villanova but they did have two 5 star players on their team last year.  I would also bet those players on Villanova looked at a lot of other schools before deciding on Villanova.  It has been said that Damon Baily really considered hard to not attend IU  and looked at other schools so he must not be a real Hoosier as well.

The only Hoosiers are those that commit to this University, guess we’ll see soon who the real Hoosiers are!  Everyone else is irrelevant, you see soon enough.

2 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

I vote OSU, IU, UM. Breaking it to Hawkeye fans early to let them down easier than on decision date

That's what I think too. Doesn't want to give hometown fans false hope any longer. Not to mention, the only other school on his list he was talking about visiting was OSU. 

Anyone worry that Carton seems like someone who would end up reopening his recruitment down the line? Sounds like he's making a decision because he's exhausted with the whole recruiting process. Have this gut feeling like if other big programs miss out on the top PGs, he may want to give these coaches another shot at getting him.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

That's what I think too. Doesn't want to give hometown fans false hope any longer. Not to mention, the only other school on his list he was talking about visiting was OSU. 

Anyone worry that Carton seems like someone who would end up reopening his recruitment down the line? Sounds like he's making a decision because he's exhausted with the whole recruiting process. Have this gut feeling like if other big programs miss out on the top PGs, he may want to give these coaches another shot at getting him.

You can’t put it at 0 but I would think it’s pretty close to that. Whether it’s IU or UM I think it’s set in stone. UM because he’s known that coach for ages and IU because he’s turned down that coach and really bought into the IU project. Whichever school is the third team I can’t see them pulling it out whether that be Iowa or OSU. 

19 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

You can’t put it at 0 but I would think it’s pretty close to that. Whether it’s IU or UM I think it’s set in stone. UM because he’s known that coach for ages and IU because he’s turned down that coach and really bought into the IU project. Whichever school is the third team I can’t see them pulling it out whether that be Iowa or OSU. 

Absolutely. This is a 50/50 battle between Michigan and IU

Archived