DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

This is a 2 horse race so what does IU have to offer with Morgan graduating and potentially Romeo declaring after 1 season in Btown?  Is the Romeo decision a major factor here?  

They can offer Keion Brooks and Trayce. A Super class the likes of which IU hasn't seen, maybe ever. There's almost no chance Romeo comes back so that won't be a factor I don't think. 

Iowa has no basketball tradition. The final 3 schools all have won national championships. 

We have had a DJ in pinstripes already, B1G POY and beloved by the university and fan base. 

Come to Bloomington and be DJ vs. 2.0!

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

This almost certainly means nothing...but the official Indiana Basketball twitter account retweeted this tweet by Trayce. 

58DFE352-E0D7-4896-842F-63D84D8EF95B.png

TJD saying he "called it" or "knew it" means there deffinitly talking and more importantly talking about teaming up at IU since we seems to be at the top in both of these guys recruitments! 

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Schools are often done in alphabetical order so it likely means nothing.  It does, however, look really good visually.

Haha yeah, I was mostly kidding.  But can’t see it being a bad thing.  The IU basketball account retweeting TJD is a bigger deal I think.  More “cutting edge” social media tactics from the program, just like Archie said.

This is neither really here nor there, but these Tipton Edit 'shop job are atrocious.  I mean, I could care less about tOSU getting dissed in any "top x" recruitment announcement on social media, but darn if they didn't get the garbage end of the stick on this one. Kinda funny actually. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Does Indiana being on top of the edit mean we got it in the bag??

That’s what I was thinking!! Time for Archie to close the deal! Archie must live by the ABC rule. Always be closing. If his coaching catches up to his recruiting #6 can’t be far away.

I think Michigan has the advantage of the coaches connection with him...but he won’t be playing on the court with him...if he has a relationship with TJD and Brooks and we land them then just like we see in the NBA...these guys want to play together with their friends and peers...best thing we can do is recruit top flight players and good kids...put that together and these kids will come on their own....for the most part.

Archived