DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just want to say I truly look forward to your daily articles. The page is saved to my favorites and I forward articles to my brothers almost daily now. Your work is fantastic! Thank you very much!

When TDH made his first post on HSN, I invited him to be a regular here.  So that we could grow our sites together.  You have been a welcome addition to HSN as well.  And I love the fact that you not only have favorited TDH's site, but also forward his articles to your siblings.   That's just what I was hoping for.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just want to say I truly look forward to your daily articles. The page is saved to my favorites and I forward articles to my brothers almost daily now. Your work is fantastic! Thank you very much!

Hey thank you!  I really appreciate you sharing things with friends/family....the site is growing thanks to people like you!

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Tells me Holtmann knows this is a very long shot.

I wonder what must be going through a recruit's mind, when the HC is out of state during his OV.   Lack of concern?  Throwing in the towel, as you say?  Or just poor planning ?

Regardless of where IU stands with Carton, it's good to know that Carton has acknowledged the fact that Archie has made him a priority for IU. 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I wonder what must be going through a recruit's mind, when the HC is out of state during his OV.   Lack of concern?  Throwing in the towel, as you say?  Or just poor planning ?

Regardless of where IU stands with Carton, it's good to know that Carton has acknowledged the fact that Archie has made him a priority for IU. 

Yep...that is shocking...hard to believe you feel special when it's been really difficult to even make the trip all the way to Ohio and the coach not be there. Yikes!

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saw this as well. Either Holtmann knows it's over or quick flight back and forth while Carton is doing other things. 

Certainly seems possible he might do a recruiting trip and then return to meet with him. Nothing wrong with Rabs' tweet, but might lend to reading too much into things. Of course, it's also possible Holtmann recognizes it's a long shot.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep...that is shocking...hard to believe you feel special when it's been really difficult to even make the trip all the way to Ohio and the coach not be there. Yikes!

Reminds me of the time when Larry Bird made it to campus.  And as he was walking down a street (might have been Kirkwood), and passed by Coach Knight.  Larry said hello, or something to the effect.  And Coach Knight failed to even acknowledge Larry.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Certainly seems possible he might do a recruiting trip and then return to meet with him. Nothing wrong with Rabs' tweet, but might lend to reading too much into things. Of course, it's also possible Holtmann recognizes it's a long shot.

My guess is DJ wanted to get to OSU quickly for an official. Holtman may have said these dates work but he has plans to go to Peach Jam. Don't think it is a big deal or means anything (as much as I would like it to).

12 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This is the Ohio State take on the situation.  It is pretty funny that this guy is a writer for the Columbus Dispatch.

Well. It's ok, then.  Say hello,  and then jump on an airplane.  Especially since DJ is deciding sooner than later.  LOL

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well. It's ok, then.  Say hello,  and then jump on an airplane.  Especially since DJ is deciding sooner than later.  LOL

The primary reason coaches go out and recruit is to convince kids to come visit campus.

Holtmann gets a 5* top PG on campus, and doesn't attend much of it? Doesn't make much sense. Unless you feel you have a better shot with the kids at Peach Jam than you do the kid on campus.

5 minutes ago, ephul said:

The primary reason coaches go out and recruit is to convince kids to come visit campus.

Holtmann gets a 5* top PG on campus, and doesn't attend much of it? Doesn't make much sense. Unless you feel you have a better shot with the kids at Peach Jam than you do the kid on campus.

Just makes me wonder, unless Holtmann is wearing OSU gear, how many kids would be able to pick him out of the crowd at the Peace Jam ?

I’m on the fence with this OSU visit. He’s already taken an unofficial there so I’m sure Coach has already shown him around. I’m sure Carton knows how valuable the recruiting/eval sessions are for coaches so I don’t partlcularly see this as a big deal. They’re be almost all accounts in third place anyway. Just don’t see it changing much for or against in any meaningful way.

5 minutes ago, ephul said:

Yea this seems bizarre to me too.  We know there are airplanes lol, but this seems careless. If I was a recruit, it would bother me.

Archived