DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I wonder what must be going through a recruit's mind, when the HC is out of state during his OV.   Lack of concern?  Throwing in the towel, as you say?  Or just poor planning ?

Regardless of where IU stands with Carton, it's good to know that Carton has acknowledged the fact that Archie has made him a priority for IU. 

Shows you the difference between IU recruiting and a Coach who has no shot!  Feel confident we can eliminate OS, down to IU and the other University!  It’s Miller Time!

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Shows you the difference between IU recruiting and a Coach who has no shot!  Feel confident we can eliminate OS, down to IU and the other University!  It’s Miller Time!

It's Indiana !  It's Indiana !   Oops wrong coach.  Indeed..... it's now......"Miller Time !"

As much as I want to write off OSU, it might be that Holtmann has already spent significant time with DJ and he has complete trust in his assistants to handle part of the visit.

Put another way, we have a lot of faith in Ed Schilling. If CAM put him in charge of an OV, would we be comfortable with that?

4 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Indiana BB hasn’t partied since the 80’s, so what better option to get these 317 Boyz back to dancing than Miller Time!  I remember seeing that old jingle “It’s Miller Time” on a thread but can’t find it, anybody?

Am I missing something? Lol

317? 

Others who are more connected can probably tell you a better timeline but my guess is decision has been made already and decision will probably start to leak this weekend or next week. I've thought Michigan since the process started. No reason to change now as more information comes along. As I said last week or whenever...no shame in losing to Michigan on this one. Relationships are important.

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I think it was a very general reference to the entire Indiana region returning IU hoops to a level of achievement we haven’t seen since 1987?

Ok.. maybe so. I was just confused. It wasnt a big deal by any means. I thought maybe he was confused what area code Bloomington was in. Either way... hoping we get DJ!!!

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok.. maybe so. I was just confused. It wasnt a big deal by any means. I thought maybe he was confused what area code Bloomington was in. Either way... hoping we get DJ!!!

Hey, no worries, my man.

Its a form of reference that got a lot of traction with rap and hip hop music starting in the 90’s. 

Bringing it back to the topic at hand, yeah, this is a golden opportunity to lock up three top flight talents in the same class conveniently all relatively near the 317 area code. 

It’d Be quite nice to see a restoration of high level success with Hoosier products, born and bred.

Archived