DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, there’s Archie’s first miss on a five star.  Going to happen a lot going forward with all the five stars Archie will be going after, so might as well get used to it.  We’ll get our fair share.  On the bright side, this recruitment shows that the Big Ten is becoming more of a player for big time recruits.  That’s good for the league.

And I can’t wait for Phinisee to drop 20 and 10 on him in 2019.

I’ve been saying this for awhile now, but.. I’m not completely sold on us needing a true point guard in this class. A guard? Yes. But we’ll have RP for four seasons and AD for at least a couple more. Green will be back another year, unless he just completely blows up this year. So, chalk me up as one who would’ve liked to land Carton, but will quickly get over the fact that he’s headed elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Much like Matta Holtmann is a closer.  I remember when Dshuan committed.  Samspon thought he had him in the bag.  I'm told he went totally appeshit when he got the news.  Hopefully we get Newman.

Yeah, I think that you have to hang onto Newman here and put the press on. I like his game and potential. Plus, he’s an Indiana kid and we all know how important it is to keep the state locked down.

10 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile now, but.. I’m not completely sold on us needing a true point guard in this class. A guard? Yes. But we’ll have RP for four seasons and AD for at least a couple more. Green will be back another year, unless he just completely blows up this year. So, chalk me up as one who would’ve liked to land Carton, but will quickly get over the fact that he’s headed elsewhere. 

We need a guard in 2019.  Not necessarily a PG.

23 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Much like Matta Holtmann is a closer.  I remember when Dshuan committed.  Samspon thought he had him in the bag.  I'm told he went totally apes*** when he got the news.  Hopefully we get Newman.

So I guess Ohio State out hired Indiana in basketball again?

Archived