DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Might be way off base but isn't his son a big time recruit and I can't see letting him go if that is true

His youngest son is a fringe 5* recruit who will be attending Iowa in 2019.  Fran just has to make it another year.  He already has his oldest son on the team.  He battled sickness and injury last year.  But when he was playing point they played alot better.  They have alot of young long talent on the team.  I just don't know if Fran is a good enough coach to get them to where they could be.  We will see.  And as usual, i will be at the Iowa/Indiana game.  Its always a fun one to go to.

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

DJ hosted IU in an in home last weekend, along with Iowa State. And despite the increasing interest in his game.... it is entirely possible that Archie had a big impression on him.

Also Archie offering the other two guards could of poked him a little to commit if he is interested because he realizes Archie will fill that spot one way or another

Peegs said that Carton wants to take more spring visits and that he could commit in early summer.

He said he thought the 4 schools in the best position with Carton were:

(In no specific order)

IU

OSU

Michigan

Marquette

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Peegs said that Carton wants to take more spring visits and that he could commit in early summer.

He said he thought the 4 schools in the best position with Carton were:

(In no specific order)

IU

OSU

Michigan

Marquette

I would say it’s probably Michigan/IU, then the other two. 

An early TJD commitment would work wonders.

1 minute ago, cohete15 said:

I would say it’s probably Michigan/IU, then the other two. 

An early TJD commitment would work wonders.

We're in a very good spot with Carton. 

If we get him up for another visit, which is more likely than not.. I like our chances.

Sounds like end of summer decision for DJ. IU, Michigan, Iowa seem to be the main players here with Iowa St and Ohio St there as well. Kid has vaulted up rankings. I still think Iowa for this one. Family connection, 1 hour max from home, and Iowa has guaranteed no competition immediate playing time available. With that said...if the kid is good a little competition shouldn't make him shy away from an obviously much bigger stage like IU. 

One thing I do know. None of his visits so far had the same impact as being at IU for the Purdue/IU game this year. Not even close. 

Brian Snow said in his weekly Indiana Hoops Report that Carton is planning to narrow his list down in the very near future to 5 or 6 and he would be very surprised if Indiana didn't make the cut. 

Snow also said that the intel behind the scenes says Michigan, OSU, and Indiana are bunched pretty closely at the top, but in that order.

He also says that there is a lot of work to be done for all involved in order to get Carton's commitment.

I think as long as IU is in his final choices leading up to his announcement and we have a commitment say from TJD and/or Watford/Brooks before then, I would have to imagine that will weigh on him knowing that he can play with 2 very talented recruits not including if Romeo stays a second year plus the current incoming class.  

7 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I don’t see us landing him. My logic with this one is Green plays well enough to lock up the starting job for two seasons and RP plays well enough to put pressure on DG. That’s not even considering the freeroll with Aljami. 

I could easily see this situation, I could see this situation also with any of the guards that we are recruiting to be honest

37 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I don’t see us landing him. My logic with this one is Green plays well enough to lock up the starting job for two seasons and RP plays well enough to put pressure on DG. That’s not even considering the freeroll with Aljami. 

This is a great point because I still believe we need a guard in the 2019 class, but I honestly believe Green is gonna be a stud next year and really polish game and then RP will push him to even get better. Carton would be a great pick up though

3 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

This is a great point because I still believe we need a guard in the 2019 class, but I honestly believe Green is gonna be a stud next year and really polish game and then RP will push him to even get better. Carton would be a great pick up though

Beilein is an absolute stud too. I’ve always been a huge fan of his dating back to his 1-3-1 days at WV with Gansy and Pittsnoggle. I’d love to see him start pulling in good enough talent that can actually win him a title because he deserves one. Give him Izzos rosters and I reckon he’s have 2 by now (granted that discards system fits etc but I’m talking in a talent POV).

I’d hate to DJ at OSU though 😕 

Archived