DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Archie and Ostrom went to Iowa last night to watch DJ Carton. Mentioned this I think earlier in this thread. His high school is a pipeline to Iowa and by all accounts they are the team to beat but glad we followed up his visit to Bloomington with a visit of our own. Talented player. With Fran's job situation always being discussed....could be we might be a legit option here.

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks like he likes the greatest missed dunk ever. I like his choice.

It's honestly the best missed dunk I've ever seen. 

Also, pretty cool to see three above average NBA players in that pic from IU. 

EDIT: all five Michigan players pictured made the NBA. Fair to say UM and IU are not part of the talent level perception issue for the conference. 

So funny.  Peegs puts the Carton offer behind a paywall.  While guys like Seeking6, and bstall76 tells us about the offer... for free !  Heck... the young man even tweeted out his IU offer, for the world to see. 

I keep telling you guys, in this age of social media, etc.  Pay per view sites are eventually going to go the way of the dinosaur, if all they are going to do is charge for information, that can easily be had elsewhere, for free. 

Now... back to your regularly scheduled thread..... for free.  LOL

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So funny.  Peegs puts the Carton offer behind a paywall.  While guys like Seeking6, and bstall76 tells us about the offer... for free !  Heck... the young man even tweeted out his IU offer, for the world to see. 

I keep telling you guys, in this age of social media, etc.  Pay per view sites are eventually going to go the way of the dinosaur, if all they are going to do is charge for information, that can easily be had elsewhere, for free. 

During last week's Romeo whirlwind of rumors, I was scouring the various pro-IU sites for tidbits of info.  I ventured over to the free Peegs board and wow, even being free you don't get your money's worth.

As you say, so much non-proprietary info is available to be shared here and a couple of other places.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

If people won't pay for cable....how in the world do people think paying for sports message boards is viable? Don't get me wrong. I applaud anyone for trying or making $ off of college sports...but you can find anything for free with just a couple more clicks.

In terms of Carton. This is one of the rare times I actually know a couple people close to this one. If I hear anything of substance I'll pass it along. 

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If people won't pay for cable....how in the world do people think paying for sports message boards is viable? Don't get me wrong. I applaud anyone for trying or making $ off of college sports...but you can find anything for free with just a couple more clicks.

FYI.  I started a thread, in the "Animal House"  based on your thoughts, here, on the subject.  Great topic starter.  Thanks. 

This offer is sort of a head scratcher for me unless green and durham are expected to transfer - maybe theres some giant shortage of PGs in coming years im not aware of?  Maybe he redshirts? I guess he could ride the pine pretty much his whole career?

My main concern is clogging up the guard positions so we don't have room for some highly rated guys in subsequent years - i.e. Zion Harmon etc. etc.

2019: we have Green Durham RP - you have to expect by now RPis prob in a tight share with Green(if Green does continue to improve), or who knows maybe Durham or RP run away with the job. Carton prob close to no minutes in his freshman year.

2020 RP starts probably some Durham splits. minimal minutes for Carton in his sophmore year.

2021 RP dominating minutes at the 1, carton could back up during his Junior season. Maybe we play 2 guard backcourt(could hurt us on defense)

2022 Carton starts I guess?

I wouldn't be as concerned with playing 2 point guards as I would be about playing 2 small point guards. If Carton and RP are both around 6 feet, I would worry about how we'd match up with teams with more length on the perimeter. That's putting the cart way before the horse, I know, but just a thought. This kid can definitely play though, so if he wants to be a Hoosier, I'm all in.

On a side note, how cool is it to see "HSN Chancellor Emeritus" under Mile's name now? Couldn't go to a better guy. Congrats.

On 4/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, dbmhoosier said:

I doubt Fran survives one more down year at Iowa.

He signed a 2 year extension last year and they have some talent coming in.  They also have talent on the team, just all really young.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the top half of the league next year.

55 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He signed a 2 year extension last year and they have some talent coming in.  They also have talent on the team, just all really young.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the top half of the league next year.

Might be way off base but isn't his son a big time recruit and I can't see letting him go if that is true

58 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Might be way off base but isn't his son a big time recruit and I can't see letting him go if that is true

4 star depending on services. He also took a swipe at Iowa fans in January on twitter. Iowa fans wanted to fire Ferentz a couple of times so nothing would surprise me. I don't mind Fran actually. I think he genuinely respects and understands the game of hoops. 

Archived