DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mookied39 said:

Hope Beilein stays.  I want the BIG strong.  Helps our seeding.

I don't mind him staying as long as he's the normal gray area stuff in recruiting. If he's really dirty he can hit his maize brick road. Regarding Carton. This move by Beilein is certainly a wrinkle but this is such a Pitino move. Threaten departure, get a raise...and call recruits like Carton who had concerns and say see...I'm not going anywhere. You can trust me,etc....

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

He's also shorter than I expected. Yogi II?

I’ve seen different listings. I saw one saying 6’1 and another one saying 6’3 while 247 has him at 6’2. Wasn’t yogi like 5’11? Honestly I’d prefer my PGs 6’2-6’4 but that’s just me.

4 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ve seen different listings. I saw one saying 6’1 and another one saying 6’3 while 247 has him at 6’2. Wasn’t yogi like 5’11? Honestly I’d prefer my PGs 6’2-6’4 but that’s just me.

5'11 was generous

These were posted on twitter yesterday. DJ is better in each category. Only Trey standing vert was better. 

DJ Carton - 8'3'' standing reach, 39'' max vertical, 29'' standing vert.

NBA draft combine: 2018 Carsen Edwards - 7'10.5''/34.5/28.5 2018 Aaron Holliday - 8'1''/33/25.5 2018 Jalen Brunson - 8'0''/37/29 2014 Trey Burke - 8'1.5''/37.5/29.5

8 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I want him gone.  I want the B1G to be weak, and have IU the big fish in a little pond, and we will still have a good seed.

I want the big ten to be good and have IU still win it.  If this happens then you will get a high seed in the tournament and have a better chance of wining the championship.  The best that I have seen the big ten was the 80.'s to the mid 90's and IU won the conference a lot in that time frame and won two championships.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want the big ten to be good and have IU still win it.  If this happens then you will get a high seed in the tournament and have a better chance of wining the championship.  The best that I have seen the big ten was the 80.'s to the mid 90's and IU won the conference a lot in that time frame and won two championships.

Counterpoint: Kansas. 

28 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Counterpoint: Kansas. 

How many national championships have they won in that time frame.  Better competition will help you come tournament time so I would rather play tougher competition during the season.  When IU was at its best the big ten was very competitive and it helped the win.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How many national championships have they won in that time frame.  Better competition will help you come tournament time so I would rather play tougher competition during the season.  When IU was at its best the big ten was very competitive and it helped the win.

1 more than us. 

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

BoomBaby posted 2018 U18 training camp measurements.  Carton is 5'10.5". 6 foot even in shoes.  He's not as tall as I thought and he's not that far from Yogi sized.

12 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Just talking about their conference championship streak. But Scott’s just talking out of both sides of his mouth saying he wants IU to get high seeds every year but that Kansas isn’t set up to win. 

To me it is more entertaining watching the conference when it is competitive than watching it when one team dominates it.  To me it is a losers mentality when you want others to be worse so you can win rather than trying to be great a beat those teams.  Also I think the tougher the regular season is the better prepared you are for the tournament.  

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is more entertaining watching the conference when it is competitive than watching it when one team dominates it.  To me it is a losers mentality when you want others to be worse so you can win rather than trying to be great a beat those teams.  Also I think the tougher the regular season is the better prepared you are for the tournament.  

Least we're not Gonzaga they might have 2 interesting games the entire conference season until the tourney. Talk about a boring season I get mad when Indiana plays more than a couple easy ones let alone 3/4 the season like them. 

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

BoomBaby posted 2018 U18 training camp measurements.  Carton is 5'10.5". 6 foot even in shoes.  He's not as tall as I thought and he's not that far from Yogi sized.

He may not be that tall, but he is insanely explosive and atheltic.  

2 hours ago, bstall76 said:

He may not be that tall, but he is insanely explosive and atheltic.  

I don't doubt it...and I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with Yogi 2.0 either.  Just saying he's definitely shorter than I was led to believe. I'm guessing he's no taller than Rob Phinisee.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't doubt it...and I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with Yogi 2.0 either.  Just saying he's definitely shorter than I was led to believe. I'm guessing he's no taller than Rob Phinisee.

Understand and agree 100% 

Archived