DJ Carton Commits to Ohio State

KDB

27 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Latest interview from DJC in today's daily update.  It is from a Michigan dude so it is slanted that way but it gives you a good perspective on where he is.  I find it hard to believe that he would have scheduled Michigan and IU first with no clear idea on when he'll be able to squeeze in the others unless IU and Michigan were the favorites.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-free-iu-coverage-and-recruiting-news-06-20/

Loved the podcast.  It was great to hear your voice, TDH.  And your insight to IU's FB program.  Hope they invite you back, again. 

You are really building your site and your reputation as an IU analyst.  And as we have talked before.... truly the future as far as you and I are concerned at to where the future is headed in terms of where media should be going .

I am truly happy for you. 

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Loved the podcast.  It was great to hear your voice, TDH.  And your insight to IU's FB program.  Hope they invite you back, again. 

You are really building your site and your reputation as an IU analyst.  And as we have talked before.... truly the future as far as you and I are concerned at to where the future is headed in terms of where media should be going .

I am truly happy for you. 

As always, I appreciate the feedback mile.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Well crap Duke, Kansas, and Carolina are gaining interest. Was hoping somehow he would commit before that happened 

Does not matter if he commits now because what is important is signing in November. He could commit today and then back out of that commitment later and sign elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Does not matter if he commits now because what is important is signing in November. He could commit today and then back out of that commitment later and sign elsewhere.

I understand thst but commitments in basketball mean a lot more than they do in football but yes there is always a chance until they sign 

A writeup on DJ, as one of the 5 fastest risers --

D.J. Carton, No. 28 in 2019
PG, 6-1, 180, Bettendorf (Iowa)

Carton didn't make the final cut of USA Basketball U-18 national team but he nonetheless opened eyes over the first four days of trials. That, followed by a solid showing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp, helped him go from unraked to top 30.

The southpaw lead guard plays at multiple speeds and navigates well in ball screens by creating separation between defenders. He is a high assist maker both in the open floor with the advance pass or in tight spaces as he reads the defense.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/23835879/players-know-recruiting-rankings-2019-2020-2021-classes

Regarding DJ Carton. Article up today from Des Moines Register. Quote below from article...

Of the new schools reaching out, Carton has had the most contact with Kansas — particularly with Self. Carton said Self has told him he likes his game and feels like it would fit in Lawrence.

"So, I’ll just keep going throughout the process and see where (the Kansas interest) goes," Carton said. "(Self) gave me a lot of wisdom on and off the court. He helped me become a better point guard, smarter point guard, better leader. And he did this all by being hard on me. He had high expectations for me and that’s what makes a player great — having high expectations and trying to live up to them."

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just found it interesting that we went from KS not recruiting to showing significant interest in a few posts...

You’ve always got to be worried about these fast risers getting wooed by the blue bloods. I’m totally fine with Duke and Kansas hopping in. In this instance I think it takes away some of the equity from Michigan and not so much from us (referring to SS post about 45/45/10).

Regarding Carton. Bodes well for IU long term. Archie was in on him last January. Speaks well for his reach/staff and eye for talent. If the kid wants to speak to more schools or less schools...that's on him. You only get to do this recruiting trip once. Take advantage of it. My guess is that even the family couldn't anticipate this rise. Small town Illinois kid moves across the river to Bettendorf.

Big 10 schools sure....but in a few short weeks. Duke, Carolina, Kansas come calling....you should listen.

12 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

For what it’s worth, WHO cares about this KID as it’s apparent he is not HOOSIER material.  NEXT

If you watched that video posted about Jerome Hunter you'd understand he isnt coming to Indiana to be a Hoosier necessarily... he loves Archie and thinks Archie can get him to the NBA.. our tradition doesn't mean that much to him and honestly, that's ok. 

Not "Hoosier material" but hes Michigan material? The team with 2 runner ups the past 5 years. Good one. 

Archived