G-league and overseas $ compared to NIL

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From the picture, it seemed like Leal? 

That's rough.  The local kid can't get a few bucks....

It will be interesting to see how all this NIL stuff plays out.  The collective got money for guys who haven't played a game and they left out a guy entering his 3rd year in the program.  I would be a little salty about that in his shoes.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That's rough.  The local kid can't get a few bucks....

It will be interesting to see how all this NIL stuff plays out.  The collective got money for guys who haven't played a game and they left out a guy entering his 3rd year in the program.  I would be a little salty about that in his shoes.

Yeah, but we don't know the particulars... I find it hard to believe that Fred Glass would be like, 

"Every men's basketball player who has a NIL deal, take one step forward... Not so fast, Anthony."

I think there's another explanation here... 

Edited by IUFLA

So here's a link to the NIL store that Mark Cuban has invested in. Look around. Everything is explained in detail. Illinois has there stuff pretty well populated, so you can see the stuff for sale... Using an Indiana bred kid as an example...

Screenshot_20220804-140900.thumb.png.719937b0b863bef306d0617ae8cb94d7.pngScreenshot_20220804-140919.thumb.png.10f75f0301b17e98e70309f8eb48b451.png

I'm not sure why anyone would see anything wrong with this... Kid makes money, school makes money, Mark Cuban makes money...

IU will have theirs populated in the fall according to this article.  

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but we don't know the particulars... I find it hard to believe that Fred Glass would be like, 

"Every men's basketball player who has a NIL deal, take one step forward... Not so fast, Anthony."

I think there's another explanation here... 

Agreed. My theory is that if there was anybody who came to IU for IU and not Archie, it would be Leal. I seem to remember him making comments about NIL isn't all that important to him. Winning is.

He is, no doubt, a great IU team mate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

NIL is here because none of the schools wanted to share the money 

we could have had the old system with players getting $1,000a month but ncaa spent millions on lawyers & lobbying…..

In the old system the players were already making more than a $1,000 a month.  With the stipend and and the money for housing most players was getting like $1,200

36 minutes ago, rico said:

The senator is good friends with Nick Saban, who hates the NIL because it diluted his recruiting power.

From the senator:  "we have the common goals of protecting student-athletes, ensuring fair competition and compensation, and preserving the time-honored traditions of college sports.”

This is self-serving nonsense.  They don't want to protect anyone but those already in power.  "Fair compensation" cannot be defined.  And many of the "time-honored traditions of college sports" need to end. 

• Like 1