2024 SG Jonathan Powell Commits to Xavier

will be good for IU to have Gabe in his ear since he's transferring to Centerville HS.  Let's see if Gabe can dish out a more impressive assist before playing a game in candy stripes than what JHS did for Malik.

Silly question, are each assistant assigned "specific regions"?  If so, is it safe to assume that Walsh is the lead recruit for closer to IU?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
12 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Doesn't hurt having Gabe in his ear too. On a side note this is about 5th recruit that has gone out of their way to mention Brian Walsh and how close they are or in this case he's my guy quote. Seems like we not only had a hidden gem but uncovered him as well. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Doesn't hurt having Gabe in his ear too. On a side note this is about 5th recruit that has gone out of their way to mention Brian Walsh and how close they are or in this case he's my guy quote. Seems like we not only had a hidden gem but uncovered him as well. 

I could actually see him having a huge rise and getting a head coaching job in a couple years then coming back to IU when Woodson leaves.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am hoping Micheal Lewis tears it up at BSU and then come here after Woodson is done coaching 

Everybody already got their Bob Knight guy back...it will be time to pursue Mike Davis players at that point...maybe Bracey Wright 

BTW, this is a joke from a teacher who has had 3 kids all day today 

• Haha 6

On 12/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

I mean I’m not opposed to it if he proves himself but after Mike Davis I think Indiana is skeptical of going with a first year coach IMO.

For good reason. For a program like IU…it’s not very forgiving for learning on the job. The guy can recruit and he connects and teaches kids well…but man that’s just a small part of the job of a D1 coach. A lot to learn and prove…like to at least get some of the learning curve done somewhere else.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2022 at 7:16 PM, dgambill said:

For good reason. For a program like IU…it’s not very forgiving for learning on the job. The guy can recruit and he connects and teaches kids well…but man that’s just a small part of the job of a D1 coach. A lot to learn and prove…like to at least get some of the learning curve done somewhere else.

Yeah I agree!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to 2024 SG Jonathan Powell Commits to Xavier