Dylan Harper Commits to Rutgers

tdhoosier

7 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Ron Harper Jr’s brother. 

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of the Vic/Yogi picture.  He's either paying homage to the best backcourt we've had in 20+ years, saying he looks up to them.....or he's got some massive stones thinking he's on that level. 

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of the Vic/Yogi picture.  He's either paying homage to the best backcourt we've had in 20+ years, saying he looks up to them.....or he's got some massive stones thinking he's on that level. 

Or maybe its the first photo of IU players he found.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, psychobat said:

What did his brother say?

"The Hoosier crowd was very disrespectful to me and many other Big Ten players this year as well… it’s a two way street my friend you respect me i respect you. But once you cross that line all is fair game"

https://www.journalgazette.net/blog/eyeing-iu/20220425/rutgers-ron-harper-jr-calls-out-iu-fans

"Of course, that statement did not change things. There were such chants directed at players and teams throughout the season this year. If Harper's tweet is to be believed, Assembly Hall is known pretty widely in the Big Ten as a nasty place to play. This is in contrast to the crowds at Mackey Arena, which is consistently characterized as among the toughest places in the conference to perform. The crowds there rarely lapse into profanity, but rather roar from start to finish, creating one of the loudest and most disorienting environments in the country."

In contrast to Mackey Arena?  the place that regularly chants "IU sucks" even when we are not playing them.  Yup, they are the epitome of class LMAO.

I remember Haarms getting the profane chant but I also recall him acting like a "Purdue" player (aka somewhat understanding why he got the ire of the fans).  While I wouldn't have joined in the profane chant, he wasn't an innocent bystander in it.    And he isn't the first PU player to come and act like an idiot though.  

Edited by iuswingman
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

"The Hoosier crowd was very disrespectful to me and many other Big Ten players this year as well… it’s a two way street my friend you respect me i respect you. But once you cross that line all is fair game"

https://www.journalgazette.net/blog/eyeing-iu/20220425/rutgers-ron-harper-jr-calls-out-iu-fans

"Of course, that statement did not change things. There were such chants directed at players and teams throughout the season this year. If Harper's tweet is to be believed, Assembly Hall is known pretty widely in the Big Ten as a nasty place to play. This is in contrast to the crowds at Mackey Arena, which is consistently characterized as among the toughest places in the conference to perform. The crowds there rarely lapse into profanity, but rather roar from start to finish, creating one of the loudest and most disorienting environments in the country."

In contrast to Mackey Arena?  the place that regularly chants "IU sucks" even when we are not playing them.  Yup, they are the epitome of class LMAO.

I remember Haarms getting the profane chant but I also recall him acting like a "Purdue" player (aka somewhat understanding why he got the ire of the fans).  While I wouldn't have joined in the profane chant, he wasn't an innocent bystander in it.    And he isn't the first PU player to come and act like an idiot though.  

He sounds self-absorbed.  Nobody gives a crap about respect from him, lol.  Is he serious?  It's like he doesn't understand playing on the road.  He is not on our radar and nobody gives two craps about him.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Apparently we care about his younger brother.  And unfortunately his younger brother probably does care about Ron

Maybe so but he's the brother and not the same player.  Maybe the brother has no problem with a friendly rivalry.  Beyond that, players largely make rational decisions based on certain factors like player development, style of play, etc.  His brother hitting a lucky shot and then crowing about it is hardly the basis for a decision.  There are tons of players out there who have complimented the IU fans over the years because those players get that they are supporting their team at a remarkable level.  As Dakich quoted Kelvin Sampson, IU will get 17K fans for Chicago State on a football Sunday in November.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

17 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He sounds self-absorbed.  Nobody gives a crap about respect from him, lol.  Is he serious?  It's like he doesn't understand playing on the road.  He is not on our radar and nobody gives two craps about him.

What about the time he should have gotten a tech during a game vs. us?  After hitting a huge go ahead shot he taunted the crowd by grabbing is “satchel”! What an A$$!🤬

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Guessing most players have heard worse in aau or pickup games.

toughen up buttercup 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

What about the time he should have gotten a tech during a game vs. us?  After hitting a huge go ahead shot he taunted the crowd by grabbing is “satchel”! What an A$$!🤬

To be fair, if Will Sheehey would have done that at Mackey, we’d have all loved it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 1:09 PM, Zlinedavid said:

To be fair, if Will Sheehey would have done that at Mackey, we’d have all loved it.

I loved the Mackey flex, but I think what Harper did was crude/vulgar.  To be fair, I've seen NBA players do it too, so a kid in college really isn't to blame when the supposed role models he watches on TV act like grade school kids.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 6:48 AM, dwtaylor1055 said:

Maybe Dylan will enroll at IU and stay for what feels like a decade before deciding to be done with college basketball.  It felt like his brother had been playing college ball for close to a decade.  

Like Race Thompson.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, iuswingman said:

Wait until we actually start playing well, nobody is going to like IU fans. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...