Top 50 Sports Figures From Indiana (HSN Challenge)

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Love the Mick Foley guess, but alas he is not on there.

Ray Ewry is #6.  Ten Olympic golds in jumping.  Held the record for individual golds until it was broken by Michael Phelps.  

I will be honest, I had to look up a list of Olympians from Indiana to get that one. I figured it was him once I saw his accomplishments as they're pretty impressive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Heisman trophy winner and College Football Hall of Famer.  Surprised that one took so long.

I think the sticking point on him was knowing he was born in Indiana...more associated with Michigan...I'd seen it on one of the BTN shows, but forgot it til @rico posted it...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I will be honest, I had to look up a list of Olympians from Indiana to get that one. I figured it was him once I saw his accomplishments as they're pretty impressive.

I'll be honest.  If I ever heard his name before, it was in relation to Michael Phelps passing him for individual golds.  But, his name did not register at all when I first saw the list.  Had to Google him.  

• Like 1

All right ladies and gents, me and the kids are headed out to take my better half to breakfast for Mother's Day.  Keep the guesses coming.  When I return, I will provide some final hints.  At approximately 9 o'clock tonight, I will reveal any names that have not yet been identified. 

The wife is slow getting ready this morning (what guy has ever heard that before).  So, I thought I would go ahead and provide the hint for the final four in a little bit of a riddle.

You all have done great, but there are still 4 to go.  You can figure it out.  Just don't run around like crazy doing backflips.  Relax.  Maybe dream about a cross-country flight to California and find a nice long beach to take a walk on.  

Edited by 5fouls

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The wife is slow getting ready this morning (what guy has ever heard that before).  So, I thought I would go ahead and provide the hint for the final four in a little bit of a riddle.

You all have done great, but there are still 4 to go.  You can figure it out.  Just don't run around like crazy doing backflips.  Relax.  Maybe dream about a cross-country flight to California and find a nice long beach to take a walk on.  

Hmmm...clues...

Jimmy Piersall wasn't from Indiana, I don't think 😁