Top 50 Sports Figures From Indiana (HSN Challenge)

On 5/7/2022 at 4:41 PM, 5fouls said:

Slick is not on it.  The other two are.

Slick seems like a major oversight considering his entire career including 3 ABA titles as a coach.

PS Sorry I missed this thread.  Right up my alley.  I just saw it.   I immediately thought of 3 Finger Brown and Chuck Klein but you guys had the puzzle done before I saw anything.  Very fun read.  

I wonder which hometowns are most represented? Probably a bell curve based on population.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Eddie The Eagle...

That's all I got...

Not from Vermont.  Not even from the United States. 

Surprised you have not heard of Rick Chaffee (#33 on Vermont's list), who was a U.S. team skier from 1965 to 1972,  Not a gold medal or World Cup winner, mind you, but a 'team skier'.  That's kind of like ranking Steve Bouchie Dan Dakich #33 in Indiana.

Indiana's and Vermont's list do have at least one thing in common.  NASCAR.  Indiana has Jeff Gordon.  Vermont has Kevin Lepage, billed as 'First Vermonter to race Winston Cup'.   

Edit:  Decided Bouchie did not deserve the little back-handed slight.  Chose a more worthy candidate to make my point.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1