Evansville Aces Want Ad.....

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Where in the hell is Evansville's Koreatown? :coffee:

Gangnam Korean BBQ is a unique restaurant located in Evansville, IN. When you enter our restaurant, you’ll be transported to the Gangnam District. You’ll experience the bright lights of the city, hear K-Pop music playing in the background and enjoy a five-star quality Korean BBQ meal.

Just stay south of the Lloyd Expressway. If you wander into the North, you may never get out. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Where in the hell is Evansville's Koreatown? :coffee:

Lol…not sure but Aihua International Market I heard was pretty good when you were trying to get all your ingredients for at home. Also heard China Market was a good go to spot as well if you were looking for authentic cuisine. I remember there was another one north of town too but it’s been awhile since I lived there and I forget it’s name. So there at least are options lol.

Edited by dgambill

Its been so long since i have been back to Indiana and Evansville in general. I spent my freshman year in 97 there and it was a good, albeit an expensive year.  I spent most of that year hanging out with the freshman girls soccer players and playing football for its last year before it was scuttled.  Sean Bennett was our running back and was a beast.  I didn't finish out the season, was struggling to be a non-traditional student, commute and play football.  Only time in my whole life i quit a sport.  But academics was more important to me at the time.  

I couldn't tell you where anything is anymore.  growing up, i spent so much time all over evansville once i got my license.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Gangnam Korean BBQ is a unique restaurant located in Evansville, IN. When you enter our restaurant, you’ll be transported to the Gangnam District. You’ll experience the bright lights of the city, hear K-Pop music playing in the background and enjoy a five-star quality Korean BBQ meal.

Just stay south of the Lloyd Expressway. If you wander into the North, you may never get out. 

Psy's Gangnam Style did have a big impact on a lot of people. 

On 5/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

South of the loyd you say? 🤨

On 5/20/2022 at 9:55 AM, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its been so long since i have been back to Indiana and Evansville in general. I spent my freshman year in 97 there and it was a good, albeit an expensive year.  I spent most of that year hanging out with the freshman girls soccer players and playing football for its last year before it was scuttled.  Sean Bennett was our running back and was a beast.  I didn't finish out the season, was struggling to be a non-traditional student, commute and play football.  Only time in my whole life i quit a sport.  But academics was more important to me at the time.  

I couldn't tell you where anything is anymore.  growing up, i spent so much time all over evansville once i got my license.

Food is getting better. Pizza is still crap. Everyone told me to go to turonies. That crap is in violation. Only about 3 decent pizza places. The rest is saltine crackers with ketchup and plastic cheese cut into squares. 

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:13 AM, Zlinedavid said:

Gotta start somewhere. If you’re a solid coach, you could turn a program like EVille around to being at least respectable in 2-3 seasons. There’s a ton of kids from the area that may not be P5 level talent, but would make solid MVC level players. 

That local D1 talent will likely head to USI in the future.  I worry about the city being able to support two D1 teams.  And if it does end up being a problem, UE is the likely loser.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That local D1 talent will likely head to USI in the future.  I worry about the city being able to support two D1 teams.  And if it does end up being a problem, UE is the likely loser.

I have 2 kids that graduated from USI. My son says the word was that no one wanted USI to make the jump to D1. Not the coaches, faculty or student body wanted it. It was a major donor that ran it through.

FWIW, USI women's softball team won its regional to advance to the world series. They are calling it their "farewell tour" from D2

Go Figure....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Been a long time since I've been to UE campus, I graduated from USI.  The living arrangements at USI from dorms to on campus apartments are far more comfortable than the sardine can dorm rooms at UE.  And with the new gym at USI I can't see anyone picking UE over USI unless it was their only option. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Food is getting better. Pizza is still crap. Everyone told me to go to turonies. That crap is in violation. Only about 3 decent pizza places. The rest is saltine crackers with ketchup and plastic cheese cut into squares. 

😂 Turoni’s off Weinabach used to be really good….this was like 20 years ago though so hard to say now. For a good while I lived off of 1st Ave and Mill Rd and we ordered from a place called Rounders. Hard to say…Pizza is one of those things I’ve found that people are so very particular about…me and my wife can never agree on which places are best and where to order from lol.

As far as the city goes I really liked living there. Not to big…not too small either. It was small enough you are familiar with the whole city and many people in it but also not so small there was no place to eat, shop, and nothing to do. Plus for the most part it is a pretty nice maintained city….not a lot of bad areas.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have 2 kids that graduated from USI. My son says the word was that no one wanted USI to make the jump to D1. Not the coaches, faculty or student body wanted it. It was a major donor that ran it through.

FWIW, USI women's softball team won its regional to advance to the world series. They are calling it their "farewell tour" from D2

Go Figure....

As an alumni I am happy for it. I think it’s a fabulous school and it should bring a level of legitimacy to all the programs there in a sense. Not just athletically but academically as well. Plus a sense of pride for me to follow and talk about. First time in a long time I will likely make a donation. I’ve felt like with the right leadership it could be a successful program as well and honestly could help grow the school overall. 

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, dgambill said:

As an alumni I am happy for it. I think it’s a fabulous school and it should bring a level of legitimacy to all the programs there in a sense. Not just athletically but academically as well. Plus a sense of pride for me to follow and talk about. First time in a long time I will likely make a donation. I’ve felt like with the right leadership it could be a successful program as well and honestly could help grow the school overall. 

Think you might be in the minority, but it's done so we shall see. There was a poll taken and I'm told it wasn't close.

They should have looked at what UE is going through

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

David Ragland has been hired

Wow.  I mentioned last year when he was hired with Butler, his dad and my uncle were best friends.  Just an awesome family.  They got an extremely high character young man.  His mother has to be early 70s now.  He probably has no intentions of leaving anytime soon or at least not going very far.  Should make recruiting battles for USI kids a lot tougher regionally.  

On 5/19/2022 at 2:50 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

I tried scrolling past this post but something about the text drew me in.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 1