Evansville Aces Want Ad.....

On 5/24/2022 at 6:23 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Think you might be in the minority, but it's done so we shall see. There was a poll taken and I'm told it wasn't close.

They should have looked at what UE is going through

Maybe…or maybe UE has not been run so well. It’s not growing and it hasn’t kept up with facility, housing, and academic improvements necessary to sustain growth. If USI is done well and continues to make the right investments in the school itself it can be very successful…I mean my wife grew up near SIU Carbondale and at the same time that school has been run into the ground SIU Edwardsville has gone in the opposite direction. Proper leadership and planning and investments will tell if it is a good choice. Worst case scenario it flops and goes back to being a commuter school…but it has done well to grow this far and if they desire to see it continue this is the next logical step in bringing the school to the next level. Big positive is it is joining a regional conference that makes sense as far as size of schools and geographically. It is making the right choice at the right time…it honestly fits. It could be a mistake…I’m sure the people upset will be those worrying about cost of tuition but USI is probably one of the most affordable in the state so it’s not like it will all at once become unaffordable. 

Edited by dgambill